article thumbnail

The Importance of Networking in Public Relations

5W PR

Attending networking events Participate in industry conferences, seminars, and webinars. When a crisis occurs, especially one with international implications, having contacts in various regions can be critical for effective crisis management. Editors are more likely to consider stories from familiar faces.

Publicity 103
article thumbnail

TCIP #055 – Life’s Most Important Question with Brian Willis

Melissa Agnes

Welcome to episode #055 of The Crisis Intelligence Podcast, with Melissa Agnes and Brian Willis. Many leaders within the law enforcement community are working very hard to overcome this industry crisis and to embed a corporate culture based on trust-building and transparency within their communities. Running time: 55:38.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

The Value of Strategic Communications in the PRSA MBA/Business School Program

PRSay

The committee recently hosted a webinar for program faculty to discuss trends in strategic communications and best practices in teaching the course. At West Virginia University, Elizabeth Oppe, teaching associate professor, Reed College of Media, teaches the strategic communications seminar during the on-campus residency for online students.

article thumbnail

4 Corporate Communications Lessons From Hurricane Harvey

PRSay

In corporate settings, outside crisis management experts can use their mental and physical distance from a crisis to see it clearly. Similarly, companies can anticipate many of the resources they’ll need if a crisis strikes. The middle of a crisis is the wrong time to find the right resources. Find your allies.

Corporate 107
article thumbnail

Presenting LinkedIn, Digital Marketing and PR Trends at IMEX America

wiredPRworks

Grow your business by integrating LinkedIn into sales, customer service, marketing, or PR efforts for immediate and long-term impact throughout your company and its community. Venue / Room: Seminar 3, Inspiration Hub, Booth 3403, Show Floor. Venue / Room: Seminar 1, Inspiration Hub, Booth 3403, Show Floor. 3:00 pm - 3:30 pm.

article thumbnail

From Online to Offline: Social Media Creates International Opportunities

Karen Freberg

We have similar interests and connections in the crisis management field. When I shared my blog post about my sabbatical, Dan asked me if I would be willing to come out to Wellington for an invited talk to Victoria University and do a presentation on my work in social media and crisis communication. What did I say?

article thumbnail

The crisis gets personal

Stephen Waddington

These are the heroes of the crisis. It’s trying to work from home and run businesses during a crisis. Hyper connectivity is exhausting The isolation of lockdown has seemingly created a need for connection in our networks and communities. Mad cow crisis as a signpost to the future? 8,000 people have died in the UK.

Crisis 136