article thumbnail

Bringing Employees Back to Work Safely

PRSay

For many years, offices with open floor plans helped generate creativity for PR professionals. But we can be just as creative during virtual meetings as we are when together in the same room. PR practitioners can meet potential new contacts and clients via web–based video-conference platforms such as Skype and Zoom.

Employee 189
article thumbnail

Speak Up, Stand Out: Q&A With Dorie Clark

Cision

Mixing disciplines and genres can lead to creative breakthroughs. A: Once you’ve built an audience around your idea – people are reading your blogs and listening to your speeches and the like – then it’s time to turn that into a community. Don’t miss Dorie’s “Speak Up, Stand Out” webinar!

Skype 120
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Five Quick and Easy Ways to Show #PR Thanks

Deirdre Breakenridge

Even just a little time each week to share thoughts with a student via Twitter or to schedule a Skype “coffee” chat is a fantastic way to show thanks. I’ll sit in on keynotes and sessions to get the updates on pressing topics including measurement, diversity in communications, data and creative storytelling, etc.

Skype 150
article thumbnail

Power to the People

PR Breakfast Club

Every agency has its own unique culture, but the general stereotype is that agency life is fast-paced and creative, and that a successful PR professional is one who can “sell” an idea. Creativity. One of the pillars of Vantage is giving back to the community.

article thumbnail

It’s Time to Get Real About Real-Time Marketing & PR

Journalistics

This again includes preparation, monitoring, waiting and swift action, but also requires a bit more creativity and innovation on the part of your communications team. Some brands have been quick to act on natural disasters, offering their support or condolences, or helping to mobilize their online communities to support a cause.

article thumbnail

Powwowing With Pepco on Social Media

Waxing UnLyrical

So I contacted Debbi Jarvis , Pepco’s VP of Communications (a delightful woman, and whom I also know through IABC/DC Metro ), to see if she could fill me in. Our crisis communications plan consist of pre-event, event, and post-event reporting guidelines and information. Completely. These fine folk did: Jan.

article thumbnail

How I 1st-Drafted an 87,000-Word Self-Help Book over 46 Days in 2018*

ZudePR

If I’m going to pour myself into a once-in-a-lifetime creative act, there ain’t going to be any compromises along the way. I also kept myself busy purchasing tools (from AppSumo) – including Scrivener and KingSumo – and discovering new bloggers such as Joanna at The Creative Penn , the doyen of UK self-publishing. #6

Writing 83