Remove 2001 Remove Community Remove International Remove Publicity
article thumbnail

Public Relations and COVID-19: Studies Surface Challenges, Changes and Optimism  

Sword and the Script

Public relations has wrestled with messaging during the COVID-19 pandemic, but studies also show it has improved business collaboration and internal communications The events of 9/11 changed air travel. How will it change PR and communications? The recession of 2008 changed housing. Give our services a try.

Study 134
article thumbnail

Meltwater Quietly Goes IPO [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

For the last couple years, I’ve been curating news from the PR technology community into a monthly summary I call the PR Tech Sum. Meltwater quietly goes public. Meltwater went public on a Swedish stock exchange last month (Euronext Growth Oslo: MWTR ). billion on its second day of trading. He joins from C3.ai

Pitching 151
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Learning From Past Crises to Navigate Post-COVID-19

Reputation Us

My recent crisis experiences include the 1992 riots in Los Angeles, when I was working at an NPR station in Southern California, and the 9-11 attacks in 2001, when I was representing the airline industry with public relations firm Webber Shandwick. Q: What is the best strategy for communication in a crisis? Expose them.

Crisis 78
article thumbnail

Behind the Headlines With Howard Stutz

Cision

How did you get your start in corporate communications? I oversaw corporate communications for Anchor Gaming – a publicly traded slot machine developer – before the company was sold to International Game Technology in 2001. million jobs and is an economic contributor in states and communities through taxes.

article thumbnail

Entertainment & Sports Section New Member Spotlight

PRSay

Isabelle McLemore – Senior Director, Global Corporate Communications, UFC. Coming out of college I came across an opportunity as a communications intern at Tennis Canada. And it’s only been 15 years since our new owners purchased the organization in 2001, and that’s when it really turned the corner.

Sports 68
article thumbnail

Remembering D. Parke Gibson, a Passionate Advocate for Race Relations and Public Relations

PRSay

Parke Gibson Pioneer Award is PRSA’s highest individual honor presented to a PR professional who has contributed to increased awareness of public relations within multicultural communities and participated in promoting issues that meet the needs of these diverse communities. Parke Gibson International, in New York in 1960. “At

Publicity 157
article thumbnail

Why I’m Focusing on Blockchain Applications for PR

Where the Fishermen Ain't

I Suspect That Public Relations Largely Dismisses Blockchain Technology Because of Its Strong Association with Bitcoin. In August 2001, I started blogging and writing about these and other developments. The signals are impossible to ignore and the possibilities for communications and community engagement are far too compelling.

Web 20