article thumbnail

The Enduring Significance of Broadcast Media: Why TV and Radio Remain Essential for PR Professionals

Burrelles Fresh Ideas

In today’s digital age, where streaming platforms and online media dominate the landscape, it’s essential not to overlook traditional broadcast media’s enduring relevance and significance, such as television and radio. Since 2016, there has been a slight increase in online news consumption and a slight decrease in print news consumption.

Radio 74
article thumbnail

How to Build a Stronger Business Through Community Engagement and Event Marketing

Burrelles Fresh Ideas

One of the ways to achieve this is by harnessing the power of in-person community engagement and event marketing. Establishing community-engagement goals When businesses embrace a community focus , they can gain a variety of benefits. Nevertheless, effective community engagement won’t take the same shape for every company.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Using Tech Tools for Maximum PR Coverage

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

Meltwater tracks from 275,000 online news sources and has partnerships for print and broadcast monitoring. That results in personalized and significant media opportunities affecting a specific community. Radio Guest List. It can search Q&A sites and forums to help users keep track of what a given community is asking about.

Tools 232
article thumbnail

Why Advertising Isn’t Dead

Cision

Taking advantage of both of these factors, companies like Procter & Gamble began to sponsor radio dramas and comedy shows — even threading the use of branded products directly into the storylines of some of the shows. In the 1970s, the soaps moved mainly from radio to television. Reality TV Sparked New Opportunities.

article thumbnail

Spotlight on a Solo PR Pro: Meet Stu Opperman, APR

Solo PR Pro

He developed a love of sports and print media at a young age, and set off to the University of Florida to pursue a degree in journalism. When he arrived on campus, however, he was amazed by the student-run broadcast stations, including radio and TV stations that would actually compete in the local market for ratings.

Meeting 131
article thumbnail

5 Tips to Pitching Success – When PR Stands for “Personal” Relations

Deirdre Breakenridge

When I started out in PR, my focus was building relationships with the media who were mostly print journalists at newspapers and trade publications. As I found editorial success for my agency’s clients, I was able to branch out and pitch radio and television broadcast opportunities. Yes, there is still print and broadcast media.

Pitching 150
article thumbnail

Brand Marketing Fun-damentals That Consumers Crave

PRSay

More than three in five, or 62%, say humor in a brand’s TV, radio, online, social media and/or print presence makes them consider the brand “fun.”. The online survey of 2,046 U.S. Fun is healthy. Making happy news is a vital part of consumer brand PR. It’s how brands build a positive relationship and buzz with buyers.

Consumer 163