Remove Communications Remove Community Remove Facebook Remove Privacy
article thumbnail

Facebook And The Perils Of Opposition PR

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

The question came up after a recent report in The New York Times about Facebook’s handling of its PR problems over the past three years. Facebook’s posture under pressure should surprise no one. Definers also sought to paint Facebook’s critics in a negative light. Facebook was calling the shots.

Facebook 224
article thumbnail

Deborah Weinstein on the Challenges Confronting PR and Digital Marketing

Flack's Revenge

Today I share Deborah Weinstein’s answers to questions about the challenges confronting social media marketing and digital communications. Brands must also make sure their community manager or agency has the experience, curiosity, and imagination needed to conceive, implement and measure their social efforts. Be Helpful.

Marketing 244
article thumbnail

Content analysis tool BuzzSumo adds journalist database for SMBs [PR tech sum no. 48]

Sword and the Script

I’ve been writing this monthly column about PR technology companies for nearly five years – and I’m still continuously reminded that while these companies make software for communicators, they are not typically communication experts. PR Newswire teamed up with AKA Partners , a “video-first marketing communications” agency.

Analysis 147
article thumbnail

Allegory report examines emerging corporate digital risk

Stephen Waddington

It sets out the urgent need for organisations to act on issues related to CDR and provides a framework to support leaders with planning and communication. For example, Facebook is under investigation for an alleged breach of EU privacy laws after the personal information of 533 million users was shared online.

Corporate 141
article thumbnail

Top Adtech Conferences For PR Exposure

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

Between cookies going away; the sector’s identity crisis; new privacy regulations; the rise of connected TV (CTV) and more, there’s plenty to discuss and lots of predictions to be made. The post Top Adtech Conferences For PR Exposure appeared first on Crenshaw Communications. Check it out!

article thumbnail

Building brand authenticity in a world of distrust

Stephen Waddington

Digital communication has become a war zone. Even the language that we’ve adopted to describe modern corporate communication has military overtones such as disintermediation, rebuttal, hyper targeting and media weaponisation. We’re only starting to understand the impact of technology platforms such as Google and Facebook on society.

Brand 109
article thumbnail

Blog Contest Winner: How The FEEL Model Can Get You Closer to Your Goals

Deirdre Breakenridge

Back in 2014, I made a comment on Facebook about the movie Dear White People. But I do believe LinkedIn is important, and it may be beneficial for me to have at least one of the big accounts (Twitter, Facebook) for professional use. A Guest Post By Keke Ellis, American University Grad Student, FEEL Blog Post Winner.

Blogging 239