article thumbnail

How COVID-19 will impact PR practice and skills

Stephen Waddington

PR as a strategic management function is an issue that lies of the core of the #FuturePRoof community. Invest in building communities, customer databases and influencer networks. Radio, television and streaming are also holding up or growing. No one wants to attend a two day conference via webinar.

Crisis 151
article thumbnail

6 Quotes on Effective Communication From Gary Vaynerchuk

Cision

Gary Vaynerchuk , business builder and owner of VaynerMedia , knows the secret to attracting your audience: quality content and effective communication. At his upcoming free webinar, “ The Do’s and Don’t’s of Social Media ROI ,” Gary will discuss how to accurately measure your social efforts to track your performance.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

5 Tips to Pitching Success – When PR Stands for “Personal” Relations

Deirdre Breakenridge

As I found editorial success for my agency’s clients, I was able to branch out and pitch radio and television broadcast opportunities. So, as a blogger for the past seven years and a podcaster more recently, here are my five tips for pitching success and how PR stands for “Personal” Relations: Know about me, but know more about my community.

Pitching 150
article thumbnail

Crisis Management Lessons From Boeing’s 737 Max Disasters

PRSay

Gordon Johndroe , vice president of global media relations and public affairs for the Chicago-based aircraft manufacturer, spoke to members of PRSA’s Corporate Communications Section in the Nov. 5 webinar “Crisis Management on an International Stage: Takeaways from Boeing’s Biggest Crisis and Time Spent in the West Wing.”.

article thumbnail

A Decade of Thanksgivings

Waxing UnLyrical

He spent Thanksgiving with the television, a frozen meal and a card table. the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade became a familiar sight on television (no football for me, thank you very much). I spent the entire holiday glued to my laptop and the television (once the U.S. In 2003, when we made the big move from California to D.C.,

Hotels 89
article thumbnail

How Pink Panties Heralded India's Social Media Movement

Waxing UnLyrical

In the Indian context, the web has begun to move beyond a media genre that was no different in terms of interruption when compared to conventional media like television and radio. As privacy and choice gained momentum, permission-based Internet activity has led to what we now describe as the social web. These fine folk did: Jan.

article thumbnail

2022 Social Media Trends Pt. 2: Twitter and LinkedIn Marketing Strategy

Shift Communications

As such, we see users tuning into and sharing breaking news, joining for televised events and taking part in like-minded communities. Sharing user-generated content is also essential to cultivating a community. And try new additions to the platform like Twitter Spaces and Twitter Live to help drive community engagement.