Remove Agency Remove Community Remove Nonprofit Remove Radio
article thumbnail

Join #PRStudChat on March 22nd for a Chat on How to Build Relationships Through Content

Deirdre Breakenridge

ET, the #PRStudChat community will gather to discuss how storytelling and content help to build relationships with your community. Several of the topics and questions answered by our special guests and our community members on the 22nd will include: How much time/attention do you give to the content you share and why?

Radio 170
article thumbnail

How to Connect With Consumers Offline

5W PR

This may not be a good approach for every business, but it may also be worth exploring if a business finds they need a fresh way to connect with their customers and community. Make a Community Impact. A business that gets involved in its local community achieves multiple objectives.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

What is PR? 141 PR and Comms Pros Explain What They Do for a Living

Sword and the Script

11) “I get my clients, who are experts in their fields, into newspapers, magazines, online publications and on TV and radio.”. 14) “I help communicate, promote, and sell new products or services to potential customers and other stakeholders.”. 26) “I help my boss communicate his goals and priorities to the entire workforce.”.

Employee 150
article thumbnail

The most important ethics priority for healthcare communicators – Kena Lewis

Ethical Voices

I started in radio as a reporter and made the jump to PR about 35 years ago. Always on the corporate side, never on the agency side, but in multiple industries. I did a stint in the nonprofit sector, which I want to say, if you really want to get to know a community, the nonprofit sector is something you should do.

article thumbnail

#measurePR Recap (June 2018): Lessons from Millennials and Generation X

Waxing UnLyrical

A2 My first #PublicRelations job was with a nonprofit in Uganda, before the days of social media. I was a journalist in a former life, so my first job was at a startup ad agency and I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. My degree is in mass comm and I went to school for a career in radio. A2: I stumbled into PR/marketing.

article thumbnail

On becoming a PRIA Fellow

Prakkypedia

Helping relaunch southaustralia.com back in the heady days of gigantic website projects – big budgets, interstate agencies, teams travelling around SA to become immersed in our tourism gems before writing about them. I’m proud of a lot of the work I’ve done, but I’ve also made silly mistakes and gaffes.

Radio 24
article thumbnail

22 PR Rock Stars of the Future

Communications Conversations

She is particularly interested in pursuing a career with an international nonprofit that works to alleviate poverty and improve educational opportunities around the globe. In addition, Kathryn is highly active in The Agency at Southern Miss, the student run firm. Courtney Mains @courtneyamains. nominated by Dean Mundy).

Sports 0