Remove 2001 Remove Community Remove Corporate Remove Writing
article thumbnail

Behind the Headlines With Howard Stutz

Cision

Howard Stutz, vice president of corporate communications at Golden Entertainment, says brands’ messages need to be clear and comprehensible. How did you get your start in corporate communications? The challenge is to communicate that gaming is a mainstream entertainment business that is responsible for 1.7

article thumbnail

The Top 10 PR Tech Vendors by Familiarity and Favorability

Sword and the Script

The exercise of getting a release through reviews and approvals can take longer than does the process of writing one. If you are a vendor that was not mentioned, and you have a focus on PR and corporate communications, contact me and I’ll add you to the list here and put you on the list for this survey question next year. .

Survey 72
article thumbnail

Our Industry, Your Answers: Breaking Down the 2018 JOTW Communications Survey

Waxing UnLyrical

Corporate communications and PR can be a lonely business of sorts. As communicators, we are sometimes holed up in self-imposed exile creating content for others to deliver on ever-shrinking budgets. The idea of doing less with more is not uncommon to communicators. Guest Post by Scott Kaminski. Or are we? Let’s hit it.

Survey 74
article thumbnail

6 Pro Tips to Create Bigger Buzz for Your Business

Cision

Berger writes that products and people that generate a lot of word-of-mouth exhibit six distinct characteristics: Social currency. We went to those online communities and announced our product and drummed up interest. Without actively engaging in the community we would have never had access to those channels.” Pump It Up.

Energy 120
article thumbnail

3 former PR pros who made mid-career shifts and lived to talk about it

Communications Conversations

You could replace “agency life” with “corporate life” and insert a whole other sub-set of people, too. Kelly Groehler, Tim Westermeyer and Betsy Andersen all traded in their corporate and agency PR careers for work in another field. They all knew that I had no interest in returning to a corporate role.

Apparel 106
article thumbnail

In-Housing Trend: What PR Agencies and Marketing Firms can Learn from Law Firms

Sword and the Script

In other words, corporate communications is adding headcount and work that used to go to outside PR firms is being kept inside. By the way, the WSJ reporter on that byline used to write for PRWeek). The legal community, and more specifically the in-house effect on law firms bear insight. Then the economy changed.

Agency 95
article thumbnail

Putting PR on the Table for Minority Students

PRSay

Many of us enjoy the variety of responsibilities, writing, fast career trajectory, constant evolution of tools, and working around tight deadlines. After a lot of persistence, I was offered a PR internship with the San Francisco 49ers during their 2001 summer training camp. PR is a great career field. and Nestle USA to name a few.