Remove Communications Remove Community Remove Energy Remove Interviews
article thumbnail

Video: Energy UK CEO on PR for stakeholder engagement, social media and crisis

Stephen Waddington

A #PRpays campaign aims to highlight the strategic value of public relations to the business community. It champions the benefits of PR through a series of exclusive video interviews and podcasts with senior business leaders. I don't think any chief executive looks forward to the Sunday afternoon phone call about a breaking issue.

Energy 74
article thumbnail

Helsinki, Finland – Growth Path Ahead

Landis PR

According to the people of Finland, communications is the world’s most powerful tool for change. Energy and sustainable tech are other fast growing sectors. The slowdown in inflation is explained in particular by falling energy prices. For us, communications is the world’s most powerful tool for change.

Radio 64
article thumbnail

Are Leaders Expected to take a FEEL First Approach to Social Media?

Deirdre Breakenridge

On June 13th, the #PRStudChat community gathered for a discussion on “Learning Leadership Skills.” Ken and our community of PR students, educators and pros shared their knowledge on how leadership is more than a fancy title, big office or a large salary. How can leaders communicate more effectively through social media?”

article thumbnail

PR Agency Life: What to Expect

Burrelles Fresh Ideas

I didn’t get into the public relations and communications industry through a traditional career route. This article aims to help you understand what to expect and the pros and cons of working for a PR agency or integrated communications firm. When I began, I had no idea what to expect.

Agency 89
article thumbnail

Finding and starting a new job during COVID: Stories from four recent hires

Communications Conversations

Did you feel like you had more or less communication with your new employer during the search process? Once I submitted my resume and started the interview process with DKY, the hiring team did a great job communicating expectations, next steps and keeping me informed of their anticipated timeline. Give it a shot.

article thumbnail

The power imbalance in the public relations pitch process

Stephen Waddington

The issue was recently highlighted by the Public Relations and Communications Association (PRCA) which suggested that the issue had got out of hand. Agencies invest considerable emotional energy and time in a new business. Bridgen is a Principal Lecturer in Public Relations at Sheffield Hallam University.

Pitching 117
article thumbnail

Good News for Leaders, Here’s What #Millennials Like About You

Deirdre Breakenridge

“The global business community is being challenged by Millennials who want to change the world — and the results are going to be incredible.” Takes the time to communicate through videos. Communicates in earnest and follows up with action. What stood out immediately from the article appeared in the first sentence.

Ethics 218