article thumbnail

How to Offer Media Training to Your Clients

Solo PR Pro

If you do any kind of media or influencer outreach for your clients, basic media training should be part of your services. While media training and its basic principles are second nature to Solo PR Pros, it’s a foreign concept to many client spokespeople. But some media training guidance is universal.

article thumbnail

Pitch the Media

PR for Anyone

My dear friend and colleague, Jeff, an award winning television news reporter, told me his favorite email he ever got was “your blue eyes look so great on camera.” Journalists, particularly television stations are territorial and will often ask you for an exclusive. ” He still gushes about that.

Pitching 223
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Why Publicity?

PR for Anyone

Our Pitch Club Cafe client Gene just sent us an email and after pitching a television station using our system heard back right away and said “it’s the first time anyone from a news station has responded to a pitch.” ” We LOVE to get these and we get them quite frequently because the system works. You get it.

Publicity 130
article thumbnail

5 Tips to Pitching Success – When PR Stands for “Personal” Relations

Deirdre Breakenridge

When I started out in PR, my focus was building relationships with the media who were mostly print journalists at newspapers and trade publications. As I found editorial success for my agency’s clients, I was able to branch out and pitch radio and television broadcast opportunities. In the late 1980s, the media was cut and dry.

Pitching 150
article thumbnail

PR Myth #6 – PR is Only for Crisis

PR for Anyone

What are you doing for the community? And then there is positioning you an expert in your industry where you can regularly be featured in the media. Yes, that is one component of PR and there are PR professionals who specialize in this area. But PR is an opportunity to share the good things in your company as well.

Crisis 130
article thumbnail

Public Relations in Marketing

PR for Anyone

Public Relations can come in many forms but for this post, let’s focus on media relations, community relations, online and social media. Media Relations. Do your homework on which media outlet is best for your product, service or brand and find the journalist(s) who cover your topic. Community Relations.

Publicity 225
article thumbnail

PR Rock Stars: Solo PR Consultant Peg Roessler

Communications Conversations

She’s not only a legend in the solo PR community–she’s an outright institution in the local PR community. When we’re each playing to our individual talents, together we’re best serving the greater communication needs of our community.

Local 94