article thumbnail

So Farah, not so good Freuds

Mark My Words

Read the opening paragraphs of athlete Mo Farah’s Wikipedia page and you’ll be confronted bya roll call of records sufficient to fill the sports category of several Trivial Pursuit decks. Much of the chatter has centred on Farah’s choice of crisis managers, Freuds. And the bigger the star the bigger the spike.

article thumbnail

Does Wikipedia Present Risk to your Organization or Industry?

Melissa Agnes

Wikipedia , “the world’s most successful online encyclopedia.” There are rules to keep each Wikipedia page “by the people” and not prejudicially written by the person. This post is about the potential risks Wikipedia may present to your organization and/or industry.

Wikipedia 160
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

#19: Building a framework for reputation management

NewsWhip

Deploying crisis management teams | Jump to text. Chris: So if anyone’s behind a computer right now, we can all go to Wikipedia, right? And we can see, what does Wikipedia say? Is it isolated in one community or one space or one network? The relationship between risk and innovation | Jump to text.

article thumbnail

Preview of my PRSA Talk, "Hacking Public Relations"

Where the Fishermen Ain't

and “What can we learn from communities who have done so?” I believe that looking to open-source and hacker communities gives us the answer. There are at least five imperatives that drive the need for the public relations community to adopt these important precepts. and “What can we learn from communities who have done so?”

article thumbnail

28 Observations from 28 Months as a Solo PR

ZudePR

Spot on, Wikipedia. 4: Get Involved in Communities I’m a runner. Since flying solo, I’ve made friends from around the world, virtual and physical, by getting involved on communities/forums etc. In some small businesses, the owner also produces the product or service, markets it and delivers it to clients.”. Sharing, and doing.