Remove 2010 Remove Community Remove Pitching Remove Print
article thumbnail

Is Public Relations Management a Technology? [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

Around 2010, I worked for a PR software vendor that occasionally rattled the CRM idea, but it never really got traction in the market. New features the company highlighted is personalization – the ability to add the first name of a contact to an email pitch – and more flexibility to update your media list.

article thumbnail

Dealmaking Sizzles Again Among PR Software Providers and Here Comes Another Side Dish of Generative AI for Comms [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

Here’s this month’s summary of the news from the vendor community this month. Universal Information Systems pitches itself as a “concierge service” for all things media monitoring. There are several that pitch generative AI to marketers for creating blog posts. The company raised $6.2

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

The Old “New Media” and Marketing Tools with Novel Twists [UML]

Sword and the Script

However, other traditionally print new organizations – notably the Wall Street Journal and USA Today – got into the podcast game far earlier. Research for PR Pros on B2B Messaging, Pitches and Clickbait [UML] . NZ, Passing Time 2010 ( Public Domain ) . See these related posts: What is Agile Marketing Again? Talk to Us!

Tools 60
article thumbnail

How To Get Your Blog Project Approved

Waxing UnLyrical

When I built a case for creating it, I focused on showing how the site would be a greater asset to our institution than the internal print publication I managed. By switching to a blog we saved printing and distribution costs. But that was the case even with the internal print publication… unearthly, jaw-dropping amounts of it.

article thumbnail

Ten Reasons PR Pros Should Blog

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali Ten Reasons PR Pros Should Blog November 10th, 2010 Tweet Last week, Joe Hackman hosted Danny Brown , Gini Dietrich and me on his BlogTalkRadio show, aptly entitled PRapalooza. Boy, was it fun!

article thumbnail

The Making of Cision: A Brief History of 15 M&A Transactions that Consolidated a Sizable Chunk of the PR Technology Market into One Company

Sword and the Script

It’s hard to believe, the company’s roots can be traced back to those old Bacon’s books printed in Chicago, or even a press clipping service out of Sweden, before that. 1) February 18, 2014: Enter GTCR . Vocus , a provider of cloud-based PR software announces it will be acquired by GTCR for $447 million. 2a) June 2, 2014: Vocus + Cision.

article thumbnail

How to Start a University Blog

Waxing UnLyrical

In my previous position as the managing editor of the University’s internal publication, I spent a lot of time (and still do) interviewing members of the campus community (faculty, staff, students, alumni, community partners, etc.). You can’t start a blog like ours unless the community wants it. But I’m not hard to find.