Remove 2009 Remove Community Remove Content Marketing Remove Marketing
article thumbnail

This Semrush Acquisition of Backlinko hits PR, SEO and Content Marketing Trifecta [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

In any case, both of these were “audience buys” and proved to be savvy PR, content marketing and SEO moves. Most of these come from registering for one-off gated content like white papers and webinars – these assets are expensive to create and promote. And I have a massive library of SEO and content marketing material.”.

SEO 132
article thumbnail

Can you Profit Directly from Content Marketing? Proceed with Caution

Sword and the Script

Regular readers know I bought into the concept of “ content marketing ” many years ago. It was in effect the coining of a term that characterized a strategy my team and I was already working on across traditional PR, digital marketing and social media. This isn’t a reflexive reaction either. Red Bull, Johnson & Johnson).

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Influence or Popularity? Examining Influencer Marketing

Sword and the Script

Such traditional marketing examples – the influence of young people on consumer sales – demonstrates that influence in the sense of marketing is highly contextual and therefore difficult to universally define. Recently, KPS Digital, a marketing organization in the UK, named me to a list of the Top 100 Influencers in Content Marketing.

article thumbnail

Paid Social Media as Surround Sound in B2B Marketing; Off Script No. 39: Betsy Hindman of the Hindman Company

Sword and the Script

That experience also sparked an interest in marketing. That led her down a series of paths including content marketing, ecommerce and today, in B2B marketing. BH: When I stepped into the world of content marketing to understand what was happening there, it was in healthcare.

B2B 81
article thumbnail

5 Proven Ways PR can Develop Client Media References in B2B Organizations

Sword and the Script

Media references tend to take a back seat to the mad pace that is often B2B marketing. In addition, the account management model many B2B shops follow means marketing has to lobby an enterprise account manager (AM) who would really prefer not to spend a favor asking for something that doesn’t advance a specific deal.

B2B 77
article thumbnail

Highlights from the State of Blogging in 2017 Survey

Sword and the Script

It’s easy to believe there are a million marketing blogs but that’s just not true. If you blog about marketing – especially with any semblance of frequency – you are in fact among a fair small group. Marketing ranked sixth, which I’d have guessed would have ranked higher. A Simple Measure of Marketing Many Businesses Miss.

Survey 60
article thumbnail

The One When #measurePR Turned Five: Recap

Waxing UnLyrical

This was back in 2008-2009, so Shonali did what most of us do when we think about PR measurement. Jason Keller pointed out that a Twitter chat helps “localize” the internationally dispersed PR community. This question resulted in a wide range of answers from the #MeasurePR community. She called Katie Paine.