article thumbnail

On March 24th, The #PRStudChat Community Discusses How to Land Your 1st Job Like a PRo!

Deirdre Breakenridge

Jennie, her students (#DonohuePRCases) and the #PRStudChat community will cover several topics during this chat sponsored by @SpinSucks. For example, what skills and experiences are PR pros looking for in an entry-level candidate? How can I prepare for the interview? What are the next steps after the interview?

Community 293
article thumbnail

Navigating Media At High-Profile Events

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

Here are some tips to both landing media interviews and making sure they’re successful. If you’re tackling an industry event without a full PR team facilitating outreach, pitching and planning for press interviews can be daunting. As you schedule interviews, be sure to make adjustments to reporters or executives attending virtually.

Media 294
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How PR Can Solve Its Diversity Problem

Its success hinges on a genuine understanding of diverse communities and cultures. When I was interviewing with Crenshaw, one of the first things I noticed was that the leader interviewing me was a man of color – someone who looked like me. External mentorship can also be beneficial.

Employee 156
article thumbnail

3 PR Tips For Better B2B Media Placement

Those views can be parlayed into interviews, bylines articles, op-ed pieces, and other contributed content. Not every story needs to be about a specific industry; in fact, it could be about leadership, culture, team-building, or community. Or, broaden out to the culture of business.

B2B 366
article thumbnail

How the New York Public Library’s Blog Mobilizes Communities

Cision

And for nonprofit organizations on a budget, blogging can often be the most effective way to engage and mobilize communities. Because the community of library bloggers is so big and distributed, it’s hard to take a one-size-fits-all approach. Do you have examples? I take it all as the sincerest form of flattery!

Community 120
article thumbnail

Are Leaders Expected to take a FEEL First Approach to Social Media?

Deirdre Breakenridge

On June 13th, the #PRStudChat community gathered for a discussion on “Learning Leadership Skills.” Ken and our community of PR students, educators and pros shared their knowledge on how leadership is more than a fancy title, big office or a large salary. How can leaders communicate more effectively through social media?”

article thumbnail

Insights on Working With Deaf Talent in Media and Communications

PRSay

The family owns a fishing business and its members are leaders of their community. PR professionals can help prepare journalists for interviews with deaf actors, writers and other storytellers to help be better allies and more inclusive communicators. Durant was once handed a microphone during an interview.

Film 157