Remove Advertising Remove Community Remove Newspapers Remove Writing
article thumbnail

The Chicago Sun-Times’s Strategy May Save Newspapers

The Stalwart Blog

Regardless of your political leanings, this strategy of "don't be everything to everyone" could stand as a model for other newspapers to follow. . Yet many outlets hold on to this approach in part because long-standing advertisers still see value in supporting particular pieces of content.

article thumbnail

Public Relations and the Press: A Powerful Partnership

PRSay

On April 27, Bloomberg published an inaccurate, one-sided piece titled “Public Relations Jobs Boom as Buffet Sees Newspapers Dying.”. As the article noted, billionaire investor Warren Buffet sees the traditional newspaper slipping away. But this, at the end of the day, is just promotion and advertising.

Publicity 146
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Top PR Tips and Tricks for Small Businesses

PR Fuel

Utilizing public relations is a great way for your business to become more well-known in your community, boost your sales, and create better relationships with your current and future customers. Forming relationships with the people at your local radio, newspaper, and TV station can really help promote your business!

article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Molly Boigon, Tech and Innovation Reporter at Automotive News

Bianchi Biz Blog

I have been writing about vehicle infotainment centers and connectivity. Before joining AN, I covered the Haredi (ultra-Orthodox Jewish) communities of New York. I then worked as an investigative reporter at the Forward, a Jewish newspaper, and went back to school for business journalism and data journalism.

article thumbnail

Almanac: Challenges and opportunities for public relations 2022

Stephen Waddington

We’ve used some of the noisiest conversations in our community of practice as our guide. Steve Earl and I captured many of these shifts in organisational communication in Brand Anarchy and Brand Vandals. These companies have a stranglehold on advertising and have effectively become a tax on small and medium-sized business.

Publicity 128
article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Vince Bond, Reporter at Automotive News

Bianchi Biz Blog

Every part of the industry has had to recalibrate and figure out how to design, build, sell and advertise vehicles in this new environment. I put an advertising spin on this topic and wrote a piece about how dealers and advertising agencies are depicting mask usage in their ads. The biggest thing for me is timeliness.

article thumbnail

What is PR? 141 PR and Comms Pros Explain What They Do for a Living

Sword and the Script

10) “Write and create content for internal and external audiences about my company.”. 11) “I get my clients, who are experts in their fields, into newspapers, magazines, online publications and on TV and radio.”. 12) “Write for businesses.”. 18) “I write and distribute press releases and get executives in front of the media.”.

Employee 150