Remove 2014 Remove Community Remove International Remove Technology
article thumbnail

PRSA Expert Express Talk : PR Expanded ( Global, Disruptive Tech, Big Data )

Deirdre Breakenridge

However, I managed to share three big trends along with three new practices for PR professionals in an Expert Express Talk at the PRSA International Conference in Washington, DC ( #PRSAICON ). It’s not that you want to solely focus on the technology. I can’t remember the last time I felt comfortable or complacent about technology.

Big Data 250
article thumbnail

What’s Your Social Media Elevator Pitch? Join #PRStudChat on June 21 To Find Out How to Leverage Your Network

Deirdre Breakenridge

Their public relations experience spans various industries including entertainment, nonprofit, healthcare, technology, sports, and higher education. She is also the social media chair for the NYU International Club and volunteers with the social media team for the PRSA Tri-State events and conferences. Read more.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Public relations and professionalism: work to do to realise full potential

Stephen Waddington

Practitioners and academics operate in almost entirely separate communities. Betteke van Ruler borrowed the title of a poplar book on gender issues to describe the situation between the two communities. To conduct formative and evaluative research to underpin communication strategies and tactics. Organisational Capabilities.

Publicity 167
article thumbnail

[Guest Post] Five Ways to Ensure Your Next Speaker Lineup Includes More Than Just Middle Aged White Guys

Deirdre Breakenridge

i] At the International Consumer Electronics Show I attended last week, of the twenty-two keynote speeches, only three were delivered by women. At Orate , we often hear that event organizers struggle to find female speakers for their events, particularly in the technology sector. June 4, 2014. January 7, 2014.

article thumbnail

Power of Digital Storytelling: A Guide for Nonprofits to Engage Youth to Become Change Agents

Deirdre Breakenridge

Creating a space for young people to share their stories can inspire them to connect with their own community and be part of the change. DoSomething.org is all about empowering young people across the globe to make positive change, both online and off, through campaigns that make an impact in the community.

Nonprofit 240
article thumbnail

Public Relations Objectives

Doctor Spin

Through consistent and effective communication, PR can sway public opinion in favour of the organisation, enhancing its reputation and standing in the community. In an era where consumers are increasingly sceptical of advertising and corporate speak, PR offers a more authentic and credible way to communicate with the public.

article thumbnail

CIPR Election candidates set out manifesto commitments

Stephen Waddington

I will continue the excellent work, which has positioned the profession as a strategic management function through active engagement with the business community showing how ethical communication can enhance economic performance. We worked together during my time as President in 2014.