article thumbnail

TCIP #032 – The National Weather Service’s Crisis Communication Strategy with Daniel Noah

Melissa Agnes

Within this episode of The Crisis Intelligence Podcast, Dan and I dive into the specific strategies that the NWS uses to communicate with their community in times of emergency.

article thumbnail

A Marketing Approach to Prove PR Value; Off Script No. 45: Stacey Miller of The Auto Care Association

Sword and the Script

In short, our main goal is to increase the profile and influence of the association through data-based storytelling and creative communications that inspire our audiences to learn more about what we do and become a part of it. 2) What are the key communications challenges facing the organization? So, what’s the problem?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

2016 – A Year in Traditional Media

Shift Communications

A long time McDonald’s employee who has Down Syndrome was celebrating her retirement, and we wanted to share the good news with her local community – both to show everything people with disabilities can take on, and that McDonald’s supports them. After an aggressive media relations push, we began to pick up traction in the local market.

Print 60
article thumbnail

The Essential Guide to Mass Communication: History, Methods, Ethics, and the Future

Masters in Communications

It allowed for no distortion, multiple sound layers, and quicker and cheaper editing, democratizing music production Marconi, Braun, and the Development of Radio The next major date in the advance of mass communications was 1895. That year, Italian electrical engineer Guglielmo Giovanni Maria Marconi invented the "wireless telegraph" (16).

Ethics 52
article thumbnail

How A Fake Taxidermist Is Keeping AT&T On Its Toes

Waxing UnLyrical

Vest-less Now, I am not, and have not been, an AT&T customer (I’m quite happy with Verizon Wireless). You’ve been using Twitter quite delightfully to poke fun at AT&T’s wireless service. I imagine thats a tough battle for them to fight internally. I have no experience of, and no beef with, AT&T.