Remove 2014 Remove Community Remove Ethics Remove Measurement
article thumbnail

Public relations and professionalism: work to do to realise full potential

Stephen Waddington

A body of knowledge, ethics and certification are the three foundations of a profession. Practitioners and academics operate in almost entirely separate communities. Betteke van Ruler borrowed the title of a poplar book on gender issues to describe the situation between the two communities. To provide contextual intelligence.

Publicity 167
article thumbnail

Public relations and professionalism: work to do to realise full potential

Wadds Inc.

A body of knowledge, ethics and certification are the three foundations of a profession. Practitioners and academics operate in almost entirely separate communities. Betteke van Ruler borrowed the title of a poplar book on gender issues to describe the situation between the two communities. To provide contextual intelligence.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Marketing Trends for 2015: Getting Back to Basics

Polaris

In addition, many are predicting the marketing developments we witnessed in 2014 will continue: 1. Technology (think: wearables) will outpace our ability to understand the ethical implications of adopting them. How do we measure results? It’s to grow communities where they live.” What drives conversion? -

Trends 135
article thumbnail

The four Ps of public relations leadership

PR Conversations

Our professional codes of ethics say that ultimately our role is to serve society and sometimes that is seen as being in conflict with the interests of the organisations that we work for day to day. Incidentally, it completely defeats me why we are drawn into being measured against the remaining 20 per cent (i.e.,

article thumbnail

Monday Roundup: With Love, the Social Media Spotlight

Waxing UnLyrical

What impresses me about Adam is not just his kindness and work ethic, but how committed he is to sterling customer service. Also someone I’ve interacted with online for years and met at the 2014 SoloPR Summit, she’s rock solid in her approach to PR and measurement. Who could resist that? Based in the Washington, D.C.,

article thumbnail

In-Housing Trend: What PR Agencies and Marketing Firms can Learn from Law Firms

Sword and the Script

The legal community, and more specifically the in-house effect on law firms bear insight. In 2014, I did a Porter’s Five Forces Analysis for the Legal Industry – that I think is still quite relevant. The mistake the legal community has made over 10 years, is too much focus on the billable hour. VC investment grew to $7.2

Agency 97
article thumbnail

Hopes, Dreams and Sage Advice: 40+ Marketing and PR predictions for 2023

Sword and the Script

And, given the vast amount of time I pour into writing about PR technology , I’m really pleased with the long list of contributions from the PR technology vendor community. a) Many community newspapers going away and hopefully still being available in some kind of online format. Strengthening community-building and connections.

Marketing 196