Remove 2013 Remove Community Remove Newspapers Remove Writing
article thumbnail

The Power of the African-American Audience

Beyond PR

Communications professionals are aware of the importance of targeting, for example, the considerable number of Hispanics who prefer to consume media in Spanish. Is there a reason to specifically target this community? percent in 2013 and exceeding the numbers for both whites and Hispanics. A Connected And Engaged Community.

article thumbnail

Are we still over-relying on media relations?

Communications Conversations

I’m talking about the broader scope of PR here–media relations, content marketing, social media marketing, community relations, etc. Meanwhile, print circulation numbers among the nation’s largest newspapers are plummeting. I keep wincing after every sentence I write. Just give this shocking post a read.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Interview with Influencers @laurenmagenta and @feedmedearly

5W PR

These influencers take their personal brand seriously and like brands, are working to further grow and develop their digital community. I had a cooking show in college and was writing a weekly recipe for the newspaper, so food was always my thing. laurenmagenta: I was working full-time at Martha Stewart right out of college.

article thumbnail

Interview with Influencers @laurenmagenta and @feedmedearly

5W PR

These influencers take their personal brand seriously and like brands, are working to further grow and develop their digital community. I had a cooking show in college and was writing a weekly recipe for the newspaper, so food was always my thing. laurenmagenta: I was working full-time at Martha Stewart right out of college.

article thumbnail

Skills Entry-Level PR Hires Should Have

Journalistics

Three months from now, the class of 2013 will walk across the stage to collect their diplomas and immediately have a panic attack when they realize it’s time to look for that first job out of college. First, Writing Skills. No matter what you’ve heard about all that sexy social media stuff, you still need to know how to write in PR.

article thumbnail

Relations with customers and prospects

PR Conversations

In serialising chapters from the 1948 book Your Public Relations since October 2013, I have been struck by the relevance of the authors’ thinking and practice, often in total contrast to arguments that PR today is more strategic than in the past. Community service. Advertising, including direct mail. Press and radio publicity.

Retail 40
article thumbnail

Relations with customers and prospects

PR Conversations

In serialising chapters from the 1948 book Your Public Relations since October 2013, I have been struck by the relevance of the authors’ thinking and practice, often in total contrast to arguments that PR today is more strategic than in the past. Community service. Advertising, including direct mail. Press and radio publicity.

Retail 40