article thumbnail

Storytelling, Community and Purpose: Finding Balance Within the Tech Industry

The Hoffman Agency

From songwriting on my back porch as a kid to telling my little sister improvised tales of castles and princesses before bed, I have always been a storyteller. I wanted my stories to be read, to impact people and to foster action; this drive led me to journalism and eventually, public relations. By Jaden Gill, Account Coordinator.

article thumbnail

The #PRStudChat Community Discusses Social Media & Change On November 15th

Deirdre Breakenridge

A recent Yale study published in the journal Neuron suggested that being in unstable and unknown situations, regardless of how uncomfortable they may feel, is a critical condition for our brains to grow and learn. Within this context, the #PRStudChat community, which is sponsored by Spin Sucks, will gather on Thursday, Nov 15th, at 12 P.M.,

Community 150
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Three Barriers To Great Sales Tech PR

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

There is a Search Engine Journal but no Sales Tech Journal. This is a key reason sales sees a deficit of conventional outlets, but a surge in insider media (like podcasts by sales tech companies, LinkedIn communities, etc.), produced by the sales community itself. Sales-related topics just aren’t sexy to *most* media.

B2B 156
article thumbnail

Making the move from journalism to public relations

Stephen Waddington

Some people, like me, make the switch from journalism to public relations. It’s an issue that has been attracting heat among public relations communities on social media over the past week. The route from journalism to public relations is a well-trodden path for journalists seeking an alternative career.

article thumbnail

The 22 Responsibilities of PR and What They Entail

Onclusive

Multimedia Development & Visual Storytelling Today, PR teams need to possess a strong understanding of how to inject corporate messaging into multimedia. Social Media & Community Management With increasing frequency, social media and community management has become the direct responsibility of the communications and PR team.

Training 195
article thumbnail

Monday Roundup: Storytelling

Waxing UnLyrical

As the holidays approach, we’re reminded daily of the importance of storytelling. Just like Christmas, though, the spirit of storytelling is important for business all year round. This week’s roundup features seven posts from around the web that focus on storytelling. Why Your Brain Loves Good Storytelling.

article thumbnail

Visual Storytelling, Online Radio and SEO Media Covers Storytelling

Ishmael's Corner

Visual Storytelling from VentureBeat. I’ve had a good bit of success working him into our storytelling workshops. (h/t SEO and Storytelling — a Dynamic Duo. I’m noticing that the media properties focused on the SEO community are getting that old time storytelling religion. The grab bag post is back.

Radio 60