Remove 2016 Remove Community Remove Employee Remove Local
article thumbnail

Communicators Can Help Americans Vote in 2020

PRSay

3, Americans will cast their votes for President and for state and local candidates. Communicators have “a lot of great partners out there” who can help provide their employees with local voting information, said panelist Kelly Mason, director of corporate communications at Levi Strauss & Co.,

article thumbnail

2016 – A Year in Traditional Media

Shift Communications

So when a colleague and I pitched a local McDonald’s news story, little did we know what was to come. After an aggressive media relations push, we began to pick up traction in the local market. The story generated millions of positive news impressions for the brand and this truly special employee.”. Client: Blink. Annie Perkins.

Print 60
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Hopes, Dreams and Sage Advice: 40+ Marketing and PR predictions for 2023

Sword and the Script

And, given the vast amount of time I pour into writing about PR technology , I’m really pleased with the long list of contributions from the PR technology vendor community. a) Many community newspapers going away and hopefully still being available in some kind of online format. Strengthening community-building and connections.

Marketing 196
article thumbnail

The Challenges for Health Care Communicators as a New Normal Emerges From the COVID-19 Crisis

PRSay

“In April, when the American Heart Association and EMS agencies announced a huge drop in calls and admissions for heart attack and stroke around the country, we informed our patients and the community about the importance of seeking emergency help immediately,” she said. Taking care of communications staff.

article thumbnail

Mental Health Initiatives in 2019

NewsWhip

As a result, a number of companies have responded by increasing mental health benefits and even creating initiatives dedicated to assisting their employees along their mental health journeys. Starbucks made headlines the first week of September with their announcement of mental health services as a new employee benefit.

Web 68
article thumbnail

5 Tips to Design Highly-Effective Corporate Social Responsibility Campaigns

MaccaPR

Imagine you’re walking into your local shopping mall and you have the choice of going through two doors. Target, on the other hand, made news in 2016 when the Minneapolis-based retailer released a controversial transgender bathroom policy that said guests could use the bathroom that they most identified with – male or female.

Corporate 116
article thumbnail

PR Rock Stars: Retired Vice President of Content & Public Relations at DKY, Holly Donato

Communications Conversations

I’ll never forget working shoulder to shoulder with the Minnesota Somali community to raise money and pack meals for their people during the East African famine. I was attracted by FMSC’s need for a solid communication infrastructure. Staying on the leadership topic, what local leaders did you look up to during your career, and why?

Publicity 174