article thumbnail

Behind the Headlines With Peter Shafer

Cision

I will start by introducing Brunswick Insight to my network of corporate and public affairs contacts as well as others in various industry sectors such as Health & Wellness and Fast Moving Consumer Goods. That marketing analytic created credibility, community and creativity to how metrics can make a story come alive.

article thumbnail

3 former PR pros who made mid-career shifts and lived to talk about it

Communications Conversations

Former role: Vice president of communications and public affairs with Berkshire Hathaway Energy (BHE). I resigned my last full-time PR job in December 2014, as vice president of communications and public affairs with Berkshire Hathaway Energy (BHE). What was your last PR job?

Apparel 106
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Getting hired and ahead in marketing and PR

Stephen Waddington

There are 300 people working for the airport and more than 3,000 people on the site working for airlines and retailers,” she said. She’s motivated by working on projects that can make a difference for their community and audiences. “Day to day I work closely with the Senior Leadership Team and Directors on a range of projects.

article thumbnail

PRWeek’s “Power List” Overlooks Minnesota and Fly-Over Country…Again

Communications Conversations

It’s time the Minnesota PR community gets some much-deserved respect (I’m sure Chicagoans have their own ideas, but I just don’t know that many people down there): Lynn Casey , CEO and chair of Padilla–a fixture in Twin Cities PR for more than 30 years. No big deal. Just a few idea, PRWeek editors.

article thumbnail

Lake Forest Chamber of Commerce Livecast talking Crisis PR

The Stalwart Blog

This show is basically focused on providing a voice to the small business community. I started actually as a Navy officer, turned Navy public affairs officer. There’s plenty of media out there talking about the disease and death statistics and all the other things. Dave Oates: Sure.

Crisis 78
article thumbnail

Big Business Must Help Us Heal

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

It’s time for the business community as a group and individual businesses as brands, to help us heal the divide. In the wake of the shocking violence last week, that may be starting to happen, and there’s a role for PR and corporate communications. .” The opportunity for business communicators. This is big.

Corporate 338
article thumbnail

Brexit and Trump are result of the failure of professional politics and communications

Stuart Bruce

We need to find a way to harness activists to actually go out into their communities (which isn’t where you live as communities are more complex than that) and listen in a way that means they can report back what people are feeling, to be made sense of and acted on.