Remove 2018 Remove Community Remove Newspapers Remove Print
article thumbnail

Future of local news report is a grim read

Stephen Waddington

Social media has replaced local news in communities across the UK. It is weakening community engagement and participation in local democracy. Local News Deserts in the UK (opens as a PDF) finds that it is contributing to weakening community engagement and participation in local democracy.

Local 112
article thumbnail

Future of local news report is a grim read

Wadds Inc.

Social media has replaced local news in communities across the UK. It is weakening community engagement and participation in local democracy. Local News Deserts in the UK (opens as a PDF) finds that it is contributing to weakening community engagement and participation in local democracy.

Local 59
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Nonprofit Local News Gains Steam

PRSay

Already decimated by staff reductions, many print and broadcast newsrooms have been acquired by large corporations that are often more interested in online clicks and monetizing news than in factual reporting, Todd said. Most affected were local news outlets that are independently operated or owned by small media chains.

Nonprofit 174
article thumbnail

Media relations is thriving

Stephen Waddington

If you read an article about an individual or organisation in your favourite magazine or newspaper you’re likely to view it far more favourably than if you heard the information direct. Trust in the media The 2018 Edelman Trust Barometer (opens as a PDF) puts the trust between the public and media at 41% worldwide.

article thumbnail

Future of PR: 2020 edition

Stephen Waddington

Public service media is failing the public Thank you My thanks to the following communities and individuals. The project has brought me into contact with a new community of more than 50 thinkers and doers. The #FuturePRoof community goes from strength-to-strength. Purpose unifies management, employees, and communities.

article thumbnail

Almanac: Challenges and opportunities for public relations 2022

Stephen Waddington

We’ve used some of the noisiest conversations in our community of practice as our guide. Government (41%) and religious leaders (42%) are least trusted while local communities (62%), employers (63%) and scientists (73%) are the most trusted. We’ve used some of the noisiest conversations in our community of practice as our guide.

Publicity 128
article thumbnail

How I 1st-Drafted an 87,000-Word Self-Help Book over 46 Days in 2018*

ZudePR

H: What about the print quality? BUT this is 2018 not 1918. On 9 January 2018, full of trepidation, I opened a new Google Doc and put finger to keyboard for the first time.). #10 I: Cut yourself off Over the past 18 months I’ve cut myself off from various communities in which I have an involvement. F: What could I learn?

Writing 83