Remove 2012 Remove Community Remove Crisis Communications Remove How To
article thumbnail

Managing a Cyber Attack: How to Communicate to Customers

Polaris

Instead of coming clean about the hack when it happened in 2012, the company remained silent. How to Tell Your Customers about a Data Breach. #1 These are words to live by when it comes to issues management and crisis communications. A good plan provides a solid foundation on what to do and how to do it.

article thumbnail

Remembering how 9/11 Changed the World – and Communications

wiredPRworks

Twenty years ago, today, we remember how 9/11 changed the world – and communications. Reflecting on How 9/11 Immediately Impacted Community PR and Communications. Walking down Michigan Avenue beside my ecstatic children, I remember thinking how carefree, jubilant and fun life can be. 2012 Update.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Remembering how 9/11 Changed the World – and Communications

wiredPRworks

Twenty years ago, today, we remember how 9/11 changed the world – and communications. Reflecting on How 9/11 Immediately Impacted Community PR and Communications. Walking down Michigan Avenue beside my ecstatic children, I remember thinking how carefree, jubilant and fun life can be. 2012 Update.

article thumbnail

Conference Recap: Reaching Rural Americans, Preventing Social Media Crises and Using the PESO Model

PRSay

8–10: Breaking Misconceptions About Communicating With Rural Americans. When PR professionals target people in poor, rural communities, relying on stereotypes and misconceptions often hinders their campaigns, said Deana Rachelle Haworth, M.A., 10, titled “ Rural Reach: Strategic Communication With Rural and Low Income Audiences.”

article thumbnail

How September 11 Impacted PR and Email Communications

wiredPRworks

In 2012, I wrote an update on a previous post with thoughts on how the September 11 attacks immediately reshaped community, public relations and communications. Reflecting on How 9/11 Immediately Impacted Community PR and Communications. 2012 Update. As time goes on, the memories fade.

article thumbnail

An Interview with Richard Bistrong, CEO, Front-Line Anti-Bribery LLC

Critical Mention

That honor and experience dramatically increased my exposure to the anti-bribery and compliance community. It is still a heartfelt experience when people come up to me during one of my corporate engagements, on a global basis, and share how much they enjoy the FCPA Blog and my posts. Reading her books in prison had a real impact on me.

article thumbnail

10 Tips to Become More Likeable

Cision

. “Talking about ourselves—whether in a personal conversation or through social media sites like Facebook and Twitter—triggers the same sensation of pleasure in the brain as food or money” – Robert Lee Holz, “Science Reveals Why We Brag So Much,” Wall Street Journal, 2012. Want more crisis communication tips?

Study 120