article thumbnail

Pitch the Media

PR for Anyone

You’ve been ready my posts for years, watching the YouTube videos, and you’re ready to pitch. But the big question I get all the time is, “do I pitch the same story to all the different media outlets at the same time?” He read that entire pitch AND booked her for a segment. ” The answer is no.

Pitching 223
article thumbnail

Less publicized but more interesting takeaways from 3 reports on marketing and PR

Sword and the Script

PR pitches earn a 45% open rate and a 3% response rate; the top metrics for marcom and PR by segment; Europe is more satisfied with PR agencies than the U.S. The vendor community that serves PR has published a handful of reports over the last few months. The company’s measures are based on the pitches sent through their systems.

Report 106
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Local Reporters Give Advice on How PR Pros Can Build Media Relationships

PRSay

Having worked both sides of the desk has given me a better understanding of what reporters want and need. Know who you pitch. In an interview for this article, Keyris Manzanares, a multimedia reporter at Virginia Public Media, said she often receives email pitches from PR people. Understand newsworthiness.

Report 170
article thumbnail

3 Tips for Pitching Reporters and Influencers

Cision

Pitching is like a science project. Each pitch is an experiment. In order to discover what works best, you must continue to test your pitching techniques. The dependent variable in this case is your writing, the independent variable whom you are pitching. Comment on reporters’ published articles.

Pitching 120
article thumbnail

PR Tech Recommends Reporters You Should Pitch [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

OnePitch recommends reporters to pitch; ResponseSource shuts down #journorequest curation; Meltwater acquires Owler; Critical Mention adds “cast & crew” TV data. OnePitch feature recommends reporters to pitch. This month’s roundup of PR technology news is a two-fer: there’s two months’ worth of news here.

article thumbnail

Journalism statistics: 7 media relations takeaways from the 2023 State of the Media Report by Cision

Sword and the Script

A survey of 3,000+ finds 75% of journalists say the top action any PR person can take is to understand a reporter’s target audience and what they find relevant; journalism statistics show reporters worry about accuracy, credibility and keeping pace amid more work and fewer resources Most PR professionals say media relations is getting harder.

article thumbnail

Media pitching is harder than ever

Wadds Inc.

The response rate to media pitches is less than three percent according to the latest Propel Media Barometer analysis of 500,000 pitches. Modern media relations is almost entirely a form of text communication via email or messaging. Roxhill suggests that you need to pitch early if you want reach a news desk or business desk.

Pitching 124