article thumbnail

How To Score A Great Local News Story: 5 PR Tips

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

It’s also important to determine whether a story has its best chance of being published as a local media item, or if it warrants a full national media outreach. For example, survey results or breaking news at a national company will be pitched to national media, whereas region-specific news will be offered to local reporters.

Local 292
article thumbnail

Nonprofit Local News Gains Steam

PRSay

Already decimated by staff reductions, many print and broadcast newsrooms have been acquired by large corporations that are often more interested in online clicks and monetizing news than in factual reporting, Todd said. Most affected were local news outlets that are independently operated or owned by small media chains.

Nonprofit 163
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

How to Deal with Biased Reporters – Missy Hurley

Ethical Voices

I’m now the CEO of B2 Communications. I was pitching four reporters, three of which I knew pretty well. The fourth reporter I didn’t know as well, but I had worked with off and on. ” We continued to chat via text and answer the questions…normal reporter correspondence with the PR practitioner.

Report 90
article thumbnail

3 Reasons to Build a Niche Community

Cision

Many PR pros who aim to get coverage in high-visibility media outlets and at a national level often overlook great opportunities available in their own communities. We’ve got three reasons why you should build up your niche community: 1. Local members of the media are on the lookout for attention-grabbing area news. Familiarity.

Community 120
article thumbnail

The 22 Responsibilities of PR and What They Entail

Onclusive

PR professionals should create thoughtful, data-backed pitches, engage with reporters on social media, send swag (when appropriate), maintain relevant media lists, and manage all follow-through with reporters and journalists. Media Measurement Reporting on established metrics isn’t enough today. Relationship building takes time.

Training 195
article thumbnail

Ricky Gervais is right (and wrong) about the local paper

Prakkypedia

In Ricky Gervais’s latest TV series, After Life , he’s a writer at a free community newspaper. After several grumpy episodes interviewing local people about their so-called “stories”, Ricky’s character has an epiphany. He says ‘ everybody deserves to be in their local paper’ at least once in their lives.

Local 128
article thumbnail

4 Ways PR Pros Find Local Networking Opportunities

Cision

Here are four networking tips for building relationships within your community. Join your local chapter to attend conferences and luncheons, meet other PR pros in your area, and hear from media experts. Consider using Cision’s Help a Reporter Out (HARO) as a resource for networking. Groups and associations. based chapters.

Local 120