Remove Brand Remove Community Remove Employee Remove Groups
article thumbnail

Brands Must Show They Understand and Respect the LGBTQ Community, PRSA Webinar Panelists Say

PRSay

Featuring some of the country’s leading LGBTQ communications professionals, the event covered how PR practitioners can engage with and support the LGBTQ community. Panelist Ben Finzel, president of RENEWPR, spoke about how the Black Lives Matter movement affects the LGBTQ community, especially the Black transgender community. “It

Community 188
article thumbnail

Bank of America had the biggest brand story in August with community loan scheme

NewsWhip

Just as August was coming to a close, Bank of America announced its new initiative to make buying a home easier and more affordable for Black and Hispanic/Latino communities, which includes zero-down-payment and zero-closing mortgages for first-time home buyers. Let’s take a look at what other brands and stories stood out in August.

Banking 78
article thumbnail

Facebook’s pushing Groups, but how can brands really use them?

Communications Conversations

One big trend I see accelerating in the social media world in 2019 is the move to more “community” and less “let’s go viral” It’s something I talked about in my trends presentation I put together that I’ve given now to five different groups in the Twin Cities. And, it’s an ACTIVE group.

Groups 68
article thumbnail

How PR Can Solve Its Diversity Problem

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

Its success hinges on a genuine understanding of diverse communities and cultures. How we can be the change As a person of color, I am drawn to companies with a diverse employee base. It’s a PR agency with fewer than 25 employees, and more than a third are people of color. Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Employee 156
article thumbnail

Updating Brand Values to Ensure You’re Connecting With Today’s Consumers

5W PR

Brands must align values with ethical practices. To connect with modern consumers, a brand can update its values using various strategies. Conducting Market Research To update brand values, start by conducting market research. This helps brands understand what matters to consumers and how they decide what to buy.

article thumbnail

How Brands Create Fans

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

Too many B2C brands have outsourced their customer relationships to influencers like celebrities for hire. Influencers are effective, but how much more powerful is an authentic fan of that brand? What about more mundane brands and businesses? How many brands can issue a defensive press release on behalf of its fans?

Brand 249
article thumbnail

With Shoppers Spending More on Beauty Products, Here Are 3 PR Strategies to Take Your Brand to the Next Level

5W PR

Beauty aficionados aren’t just buying beauty products, they’re seeking experiences, belonging, and brands that resonate with their values. The best way for brands to connect with these customers is to avoid generic marketing strategies and delve into the captivating world of strategic PR, tailor-made for this coveted crowd.