Remove Blogging Remove Community Remove Resources Remove Writing
article thumbnail

The top 10 most-read blog posts on Sword and the Script in 2023

Sword and the Script

Blogs were raging. That next spring I started this blog, largely as a means of professional development. I could read about what was happening, test it out on my blog, and apply what I had learned to my daily job. In 2023, the 14 th year of publishing, I published 50 blog posts. Social media was blossoming.

Blogging 115
article thumbnail

Uncertain Times: 12 Resources for Solo PR Pros

Solo PR Pro

Our blog archives from 2008 during the financial crisis and recession still offer some pretty solid advice, even more than a decade later. ). If you've fallen on a tough time, feel uncertain or are on the precipice of starting your solo career but feeling nervous, we've rounded up some of our best resources for you to lean on.

article thumbnail

The #PRStudChat Community Discusses Mysteries of Media Pitching on September 20th

Deirdre Breakenridge

A former newspaper journalist, Michael has won national and regional awards for news release and feature writing. He has also taught public relations courses at Brigham Young University, where he earlier earned bachelors and master’s degrees in communications with an emphasis in public relations. Is PR Right for me? ” About Spin Sucks.

Community 157
article thumbnail

9 Blogs To Make You PR-Smart

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

One of the best ways is to stay on top of key PR industry blogs as well as more general sites that offer a fresh take on business, creativity, and content. Why limit yourself to PR blogs when there’s a whole world of interesting stuff that can offer important information as well as increase specific skill sets? The Cision Blog.

Blogging 170
article thumbnail

40+ Blogs Marketers Should Be Following

PR 20/20

Hence our obsession with keeping tabs on industry blogs and finding those articles and authors that impact our own ways of thinking. If like us, you’re always looking for new marketing resources, you’ve landed on the right blog post. Below is a guide to Ready North's favorite blogs and publications.

article thumbnail

11 Top Reasons to Write a Press Release for ESG

Newsfile

It’s no wonder then that many businesses choose to write a press release about ESG news. Along with this, shareholders and stakeholders expect to see important environmental, social and governance (ESG) communications. Therefore, companies can distribute the following newsworthy press releases as part of their ESG communications.

Writing 52
article thumbnail

The sunsetting of one of Minnesota’s most successful all-time blogs–the MN PR Blog

Communications Conversations

If you’ve worked in the PR industry in the Twin Cities for any length of time, you’ve probably heard about or visited, the MN PR Blog. In fact, to my knowledge, the MN PR Blog was one of the first PR blogs in the entire country! The blog was founded and managed by Ryan May. Since, 2003, to be exact.