Remove Analysis Remove Community Remove Ethics Remove Technology
article thumbnail

Content analysis tool BuzzSumo adds journalist database for SMBs [PR tech sum no. 48]

Sword and the Script

I’ve been writing this monthly column about PR technology companies for nearly five years – and I’m still continuously reminded that while these companies make software for communicators, they are not typically communication experts. I believe the generative AI is based on OpenAI technology, which makes ChatGPT.

Analysis 147
article thumbnail

The Power of Local Knowledge: Why Product Development Should Start with Listening to Your Community

Stern + Associates

How can organizations confidently take advantage of the benefits associated with modern technology while avoiding negative impacts on surrounding communities? Existing data science techniques cannot accurately understand key cultural nuances in language amongst predominantly communities of color.

Local 99
article thumbnail

Allegory report examines emerging corporate digital risk

Stephen Waddington

It sets out the urgent need for organisations to act on issues related to CDR and provides a framework to support leaders with planning and communication. This includes spending time navigating data ethics, which involves assessing and identifying potential ethical issues associated with data and digital tech.

Corporate 141
article thumbnail

An analysis of the impact of AI on skills in PR

Stephen Waddington

A new report published by the CIPR examines how much of what we do in public relations is threatened by technology. These findings are from a new report called Humans still needed: An analysis of skills and tools in public relations , published today by the CIPR’s #AIinPR panel. It’s an important piece of work.

article thumbnail

New book: AI tools for public relations

Wadds Inc.

The practical handbook has its roots in the #PRstack community that Frederik Vincx and I developed. The community published two guides to tools in public relations and has been inactive since 2015. and Overtone, modernising activities such as transcription, media monitoring, and coverage analysis.

Tools 52
article thumbnail

Public relations and professionalism: work to do to realise full potential

Stephen Waddington

The European Communication Monitor reported in 2017 that four out of five public relations departments are failing to operate at their potential. This analysis is based on survey data supplied by practitioners. A body of knowledge, ethics and certification are the three foundations of a profession. Organisational Capabilities.

Publicity 167
article thumbnail

An AI in PR primer

Stephen Waddington

Artificial intelligence (AI), has become a catch all term to describe technology that simplifies a task for a human being. Technology is impacting PR work in a variety of ways, including the simplification of tasks; listening and monitoring; and automation. All professions are being impacted by technology.

Ethics 69