Remove 2017 Remove Community Remove Content Marketing Remove Digital PR
article thumbnail

Metrics in Crisis Comms, Marketing and Social Media [UML]

Sword and the Script

When ESPN aired a video of its coach physically and verbally abusing his players, the once-internal problem went from bad to worse as the university received significant backlash from the campus community and the public—ultimately losing brand trust and confidence. Don’t miss these posts: How to Get the B2B Marketing Persona Right [UML].

article thumbnail

Long-Form Content is King: 4 Studies Show the Power of Long-Form in Content Marketing [UML]

Sword and the Script

Something similar has happened in content marketing and blogging in the marketing community. Too many marketers believe that short content outperforms long form. This analysis was part of a larger study that SEMrush published titled the Global State of Content Marketing Report 2019.

article thumbnail

The Making of Cision: A Brief History of 15 M&A Transactions that Consolidated a Sizable Chunk of the PR Technology Market into One Company

Sword and the Script

Today, the company is perhaps the largest of its kind, and I think understanding how it got to the place it is now, offers an interesting window into the world of PR and the evolution of technology for the digital PR community. TBT any #pr #publicrelations pro’s remember the fun of these?? Terms are not disclosed.

article thumbnail

PR Rock Stars: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota’s Laura Kaslow

Communications Conversations

In this role, I’m really focusing on building our digital PR capabilities. It’s a more digital content marketing focused role, which is part of the work that I really love. Over the years, you’ve morphed from a focus on public relations to one on social media and digital.