Remove 2011 Remove Community Remove Video Remove Viral
article thumbnail

PR Winners: The Best Stories of 2018

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

What may have been most impressive about the campaign was the surprise factor; Nike had maintained a lengthy silence about Kaepernick, who was actually signed to the brand since 2011, throughout months of protests, quietly re-signing him just before the deal was set to expire. Believe in something.

Fashion 255
article thumbnail

10 lessons from 10 years of teaching social media

Karen Freberg

With the past few years – I’ve had to change and address items AS I AM IN THE CLASSROOM because of breaking news, new platform changes, and campaigns that went viral. Individual content creation opportunities from blogs, videos, and other hands on industry related pieces are also added. Was this in place 10 years ago?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Driving Social Media Growth In A Content Saturated Market

Konnect Agency

In a world saturated by content, brands must communicate value and spark an immediate interest for their followers. Value” here is defined as content that drives engagement, virality and follows, ultimately leading to a substantial return on investment. Above all else, it’s important to remember that good content is good content.

article thumbnail

Flash Mobs Go Social in India

Waxing UnLyrical

While a slew of such campaigns have taken place in India, one that caught the fancy of many is the recent flash mob organized by the IBM OnDemand Community. And in New Delhi, around 50 Delhiites took the city by surprise with a similar tactic.

YouTube 87
article thumbnail

Is PR To Blame When Apathy Reigns? Part 2

ReimaginePR

In 2011, the CDC estimated that nearly 80% of ALS sufferers are Caucasian. I saw only one Ice Bucket Challenge video that discussed the fear and horror of living with (and dying from) ALS. ALS awareness also had something else going for it, something insidious, but no less real: race. Trend or die.

Airlines 120
article thumbnail

Online Videos 101: Keep It Simple, Stupid

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali Online Videos 101: Keep It Simple, Stupid December 9th, 2010 Tweet Guest post by Erin Greenfield Four months ago I splurged on a $350 Panasonic camcorder. in Communication program. Probably not.

Video 87
article thumbnail

The Essential Guide to Mass Communication: History, Methods, Ethics, and the Future

Masters in Communications

Therefore podcasts (a form of radio), eBooks (a form of print media), and video platforms (a digital form of small screen broadcasting) are considered part of this new medium. However, some straddle more than one type of mass communication. Television is now one of the most accessible methods of mass communication in the world.

Ethics 52