Remove 2010 Remove Community Remove Corporate Remove Crisis Communications
article thumbnail

The Value of Strategic Communications in the PRSA MBA/Business School Program

PRSay

Nearly a decade ago, the PRSA Foundation sponsored research that found only 23 percent of graduate business schools consistently provide instruction in reputation management, corporate communications and related ethical dimensions. The program has since grown to 15 schools nationwide.

article thumbnail

Monday Roundup: When Disaster Strikes, and How to Help Nepal

Waxing UnLyrical

Why: Back in 2010 after the Haiti earthquake, I asked Wendy Harman of the American Red Cross how we could best help. Lukaszewski’s 12 axioms of crisis survival (2014 edition). Why: Jim Lukaszewski, ABC, APR, Fellow PRSA, really is “America’s Crisis Guru,” as he bills himself. From HowStuffWorks.

How To 40
article thumbnail

Kpop Lessons: Handling Defamation Through Public Relations

Waxing UnLyrical

The rumors about Tablo’s supposed forgery were spread by two online communities: “We Urge Tablo to Tell the Truth,&# or TaJinYo , and “A World Where Common Sense is the Truth,&# or SangJinSe. Although I have no experience in crisis communication, I have learned some important lessons in light of Tablo’s scandal.

article thumbnail

11 Steps For Crisis Management

Prohibition

A crisis is distinguished from routine disruptions by its potential for threat and harm to the reputation or physical assets of an individual, organisation or community. Crisis management requires a company to take steps to avoid disaster, manage the crisis and recover from it as quickly as possible. Personnel crisis.

article thumbnail

Powwowing With Pepco on Social Media

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali Powwowing With Pepco on Social Media September 28th, 2010 Tweet I haven’t been the biggest fan of my local energy company, Pepco, recently. These fine folk did: Jan.