Remove 2001 Remove Community Remove Corporate Remove Creativity
article thumbnail

Our Industry, Your Answers: Breaking Down the 2018 JOTW Communications Survey

Waxing UnLyrical

Corporate communications and PR can be a lonely business of sorts. As communicators, we are sometimes holed up in self-imposed exile creating content for others to deliver on ever-shrinking budgets. The idea of doing less with more is not uncommon to communicators. Guest Post by Scott Kaminski. Or are we? Let’s hit it.

Survey 74
article thumbnail

3 former PR pros who made mid-career shifts and lived to talk about it

Communications Conversations

You could replace “agency life” with “corporate life” and insert a whole other sub-set of people, too. Kelly Groehler, Tim Westermeyer and Betsy Andersen all traded in their corporate and agency PR careers for work in another field. They all knew that I had no interest in returning to a corporate role.

Apparel 106
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

In-Housing Trend: What PR Agencies and Marketing Firms can Learn from Law Firms

Sword and the Script

In other words, corporate communications is adding headcount and work that used to go to outside PR firms is being kept inside. The legal community, and more specifically the in-house effect on law firms bear insight. You have to keep in mind, big corporations can have hundreds of law firms on what they call a “panel.”

Agency 93
article thumbnail

Why I’m Focusing on Blockchain Applications for PR

Where the Fishermen Ain't

In August 2001, I started blogging and writing about these and other developments. As I continue to observe and engage with the community that is exploring blockchain-based concepts , I find this kernel of inspiration germinating once again. Corporate labs trying to make sense of it all? This is changing.

Web 20
article thumbnail

Why I’m Focusing on Blockchain Applications for PR

Where the Fishermen Ain't

In August 2001, I started blogging and writing about these and other developments. As I continue to observe and engage with the community that is exploring blockchain-based concepts , I find this kernel of inspiration germinating once again. Corporate labs trying to make sense of it all? This is changing.

Web 20
article thumbnail

Corporate Communications is Taking More PR Work In-House, finds Survey; Media Relations Gets Even Harder

Sword and the Script

Corporate communications departments are taking more work in-house. Some 47% of respondents said they’ve observed more PR work being taken in-house, according to the 2019 JOTW Communications Survey (full report embedded below). The second annual survey was conducted by yours truly in collaboration with Ned Lundquist.

Survey 98
article thumbnail

Remembering D. Parke Gibson, a Passionate Advocate for Race Relations and Public Relations

PRSay

Parke Gibson Pioneer Award is PRSA’s highest individual honor presented to a PR professional who has contributed to increased awareness of public relations within multicultural communities and participated in promoting issues that meet the needs of these diverse communities. Williams, a 2001 recipient of the D.

Publicity 157