article thumbnail

These were the top communities on Reddit in May 2022

NewsWhip

Here are some of the key takeaways to give you a flavor: r/memes returned to the top of the charts as the top community. r/worldnews remained one of the communities that generated the most conversation. Sport-based communities were also high drivers of conversation. The highest scoring Reddit communities of May 2022.

Reddit 78
article thumbnail

Making the move from journalism to public relations

Stephen Waddington

Some people, like me, make the switch from journalism to public relations. It’s an issue that has been attracting heat among public relations communities on social media over the past week. The route from journalism to public relations is a well-trodden path for journalists seeking an alternative career.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

These were the top posts on Reddit in July 2022

NewsWhip

Welcome back to another edition of our Reddit rankings for July 2022, where once again we looked back at the top communities, posts, and link posts of the month. . Sporting events and cultural moments generated a huge amount of discussion. The top communities in July 2022. Here are some of the key takeaways for this month.

Reddit 149
article thumbnail

How ESPN, LADbible, and more achieve success with their Facebook Pages

NewsWhip

Hard news is taking a backseat for now, and while there’s a fair amount of news publishers that still drive a lot of public interest on Facebook, entertainment and sports content are currently the platform’s star performers. The three posts have accumulated over 539k engagements.

article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Mary Gannon, Editor-in-Chief of Fluid Power World & Senior Editor at Design World

Bianchi Biz Blog

How long have you been in journalism and how did you get started? I have been in journalism or PR for 25 years — I went to Boston University for journalism and upon graduation, I worked as a business reporter for a local daily newspaper on the outside of Cleveland. We also want them to be interesting and easy to read.

Meeting 74
article thumbnail

Ahead of the Academy Awards, Marketing Wisdom From the ‘Barbie’ Blockbuster

PRSay

This “Barbie” garners media The film’s PR tactics generated immeasurable earned media coverage across varied outlets, from local TV to national outlets like The New Yorker , The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, CNN and the BBC. Travel media reported on hotels decorated in the style of Barbie.

Film 127
article thumbnail

PR Rock Stars: Minnesota Timberwolves’ and Lynx’s Kirsten Wenker

Communications Conversations

Working for an amateur or professional sports team has always been a dream of mine. It’s finding ways to tell the stories of everything we’re doing as a company, including our efforts in the community, executive visibility, marketing campaigns, corporate partner activations, arena upgrades and our business growth.

Sports 113