Remove Books Remove Community Remove Interviews Remove Storytelling
article thumbnail

Storytelling, Community and Purpose: Finding Balance Within the Tech Industry

The Hoffman Agency

From songwriting on my back porch as a kid to telling my little sister improvised tales of castles and princesses before bed, I have always been a storyteller. I was unsure of what I wanted out of my future but knew it had to involve three key components: storytelling, a strong community and a sense of purpose. The Beginning.

article thumbnail

Talking About the Great Outdoors: Q&A With Acclaimed Storyteller Baratunde Thurston

PRSay

There are infinite ways to talk about our relationship with the outdoors,” Thurston said in an interview with PRsay. Thurston is an Emmy-nominated storyteller and producer, recognized for his work at the intersection of race, tech, democracy and climate. I ran digital for The Onion and “The Daily Show.”

article thumbnail

Life Rewritten: Composing Your Legacy with Carrie KC West

PR for Anyone

Carrie KC West is an author, transformational story coach, and Founder of the Storytellers Academy – an organization dedicated to empowering individuals to review their life story, and assisting them to change and rewrite the parts that they wish to edit. This unexpected connection reshaped her life story and brought immense joy.

Film 130
article thumbnail

Five Quick and Easy Ways to Show #PR Thanks

Deirdre Breakenridge

I’ll sit in on keynotes and sessions to get the updates on pressing topics including measurement, diversity in communications, data and creative storytelling, etc. Book Reviews / Journal Research. For example, new books on PR, social media, strategic planning, influencers, etc., are published every year by your peers.

Skype 150
article thumbnail

Build Brands with STOP Marketing Customer Experience Design not Storytelling

wiredPRworks

Marketers love storytelling. I’ve presented all kinds of storytelling programs, including digital marketing and storytelling. Yet, is storytelling the right way to build brands – and even tell stories? What happens when we build brands with STOP marketing as a customer design experience, not storytelling?

article thumbnail

What Are the New Rules of Marketing and PR?

wiredPRworks

Have you ever read a book that completely changed your life? In 2007, David mentioned my fledgling blog wiredPRworks in his book, “ The New Rules of Marketing and PR.”. When I found David’s work and read his first book, I knew I’d found the roadmap to the future of marketing and PR. Storytelling success stories.

Marketing 118
article thumbnail

Social Selling Secrets Masterclass

wiredPRworks

Book a Social Selling Secrets Masterclass Discovery Call. Interview: craft a compelling and true-to-life storytelling narrative. Diligent Data Measure: turn up online presence and connections to create your own communities. * Diligent Data Measure: turn up online presence and connections to create your own communities. *