article thumbnail

Transformational CSR: When a pro-bono client metamorphizes into a cultural change agent within an agency

Waxing UnLyrical

For most companies, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) means giving back to the surrounding community. Companies choose to give because it’s the right thing to do, and it directly impacts the communities in which their employees live and work. For creative marketing agencies, CSR often takes the form of pro-bono services.

Agency 80
article thumbnail

Business’s Best Path to Racial Justice

Mindful Marketing

By interacting intentionally with their surrounding communities, businesses can help heal broken relationships, including those that cross racial lines. Aren’t there governmental organizations and nonprofits already dedicated to solving this problem? and “Is there no tolerance for racist rhetoric or innuendo?”

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Your End-of-Year PR Checklist

Critical Mention

Organizing or partnering with nonprofits for community service programs like a winter coat or toy drives helps build your brand awareness while also giving back. Showing corporate social responsibility is one of the hallmarks of positive sentiment and good publicity.

article thumbnail

How Can Old School Strategies Counter Disinformation? – Ellen Crane

Ethical Voices

She specializes in a wide variety of industries, including healthcare, legal, real estate, education and nonprofits. I worked for American Airlines, for Hill and Knowlton, a real estate developer, law firm, national restaurant chain, and then I started my own firm. I had it for about 15 years.

Ethics 52
article thumbnail

The 4-1-1 on the (Not So) New Marketing Trend: Influencer Marketing

Waxing UnLyrical

Her expertise encompasses public affairs, media relations, community relations, social media and digital communications. Dawn has experience in both B2B and B2C communications in various sectors, such as government, nonprofits, financial, real estate and manufacturing.

Trends 77
article thumbnail

Managing Media Relations for a Publisher; Off Script No. 32: Rachael Wolensky of ALM

Sword and the Script

Today, she works for ALM Media , a publisher which grew its roots in trade publications for the legal community, but now owns titles beyond just legal including financial services, insurance, and consulting. 7) How has your nonprofit experience helped you professionally?

article thumbnail

What a Duck Can Do For “Social” Media Relations

Waxing UnLyrical

Strategic America is a proud supporter of Youth Emergency Services and Shelter , a central Iowa nonprofit organization that serves kids that are at risk or sometimes homeless. For eight years, YESS has held an annual fundraiser that is increasingly becoming part of the fabric of the Des Moines community.