article thumbnail

Increasing Your Media Coverage Through Storytelling

PRSay

We all love a good story, and research shows that conducting media relations through the lens of storytelling provides optimal results. To make your storytelling effective, approach it as you would a strategic communications plan. How is your local government benefitting the community? If so, how? Keep it ethical.

article thumbnail

Talking About the Great Outdoors: Q&A With Acclaimed Storyteller Baratunde Thurston

PRSay

Thurston is an Emmy-nominated storyteller and producer, recognized for his work at the intersection of race, tech, democracy and climate. Thurston is a speaker at PRSA’s Travel and Tourism Conference, held June 20-23, at the Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center in Madison, Wis. You can’t buy that kind of promotion.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

A Focus on History: Q&A With Former White House Photographer Pete Souza

PRSay

Souza is a speaker at PRSA’s Travel and Tourism Conference, held June 20-23, 2023, at the Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center in Madison, Wis. ” Ahead of his luncheon keynote, Souza discusses how his interest in photography developed and what PR professionals need to know about communicating through images.

Travel 67
article thumbnail

6 Awesome Examples of How To Leverage Corporate History in Brand Storytelling

MaccaPR

Your brand can share storytelling moments from its company history with your key stakeholders, too. Corporate histories are important to customers, employees, business partners, and community members. Legos' Corporate History Video. The archive indexes papers from 1980 back to the paper's founding in 1851. Source: Unzipped ).

article thumbnail

Hopes, Dreams and Sage Advice: 40+ Marketing and PR predictions for 2023

Sword and the Script

And, given the vast amount of time I pour into writing about PR technology , I’m really pleased with the long list of contributions from the PR technology vendor community. a) Many community newspapers going away and hopefully still being available in some kind of online format. Strengthening community-building and connections.

Marketing 196
article thumbnail

Behind the Headlines With Morgan Givney

Cision

In this interview, Morgan discusses the importance of having a social presence, how to keep your digital community engaged and why the fundamentals of public relations will never change. Going into college I just knew that I would be a reporter at a newspaper. What drew you to the field of PR?

article thumbnail

9 Blogs To Make You PR-Smart

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

Authentic Storytelling Project. ” Finally, writer Christoph Trappe also includes a handy index of social media, content and storytelling terms that are very helpful for clients and agencies. ” The in-depth post explains the concept: journalism that combines the power of community engagement with traditional news reporting.

Blogging 170