Remove Agency Remove Community Remove Nonprofit Remove Public Affairs
article thumbnail

The Importance of Community Relations in Healthcare

Landis PR

You probably don’t think about sponsored support groups, school educational campaigns or recruiting efforts…but these are all community relations efforts that are vital components to any integrated communications program in healthcare. AND, they provide an important service to the community.

article thumbnail

Transformational CSR: When a pro-bono client metamorphizes into a cultural change agent within an agency

Waxing UnLyrical

For most companies, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) means giving back to the surrounding community. Companies choose to give because it’s the right thing to do, and it directly impacts the communities in which their employees live and work. For creative marketing agencies, CSR often takes the form of pro-bono services.

Agency 80
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Behind the Headlines With Travis Taylor

Cision

After I graduated, Safety Center Incorporated, the Sacramento, California nonprofit behind the initiative, hired me to implement the plan. I’m going to push the boundaries of what clients expect from a public relations agency. We got a lot of media coverage, and the program turned out to be a big success.

Nonprofit 120
article thumbnail

The most important ethics priority for healthcare communicators – Kena Lewis

Ethical Voices

She is the Senior Director of Public Affairs and Media Relations at Orlando Health. The most important ethics priority for healthcare communicators. Always on the corporate side, never on the agency side, but in multiple industries. Joining me on this week’s episode is Kena Lewis APR, Fellow PRSA.

article thumbnail

Lake Forest Chamber of Commerce Livecast talking Crisis PR

The Stalwart Blog

This show is basically focused on providing a voice to the small business community. I started actually as a Navy officer, turned Navy public affairs officer. Dave Oates: When I went to the private sector about 20 years ago, I started as a promotional PR guy working for a couple of agencies. Dave Oates: Sure.

Crisis 78
article thumbnail

PR Rock Stars (of the future): 19 new college grads ready to take over the world

Communications Conversations

Riki demonstrated poise and confidence as she moderated a focus group with active and retired Texas Rangers (law enforcement agency) for an industry research methods course during the fall semester of 2014. She has a strong background in advertising, public relations and marketing and is skilled at primary research (surveys and focus groups).

Groups 60