Remove 2008 Remove Community Remove Local Remove Small Business
article thumbnail

#SocialPR Spotlight: Michelle Kane

Waxing UnLyrical

My niche is filling the marketing and PR void of small businesses and non-profits; in some cases, helping them determine goals and laying out a plan. When the 2008 economic downturn put the “non” in the “non-profit” of the missions agency, I found myself in free fall and quickly parachuted into starting my own business.

article thumbnail

The Extra Mile PR Strategy: Wow Your Customers

Doctor Spin

Offer pro bono services to a non-profit organisation in your community. Partner with a local influencer to promote your business on social media. Collaborate with other small businesses in your area to cross-promote each other’s products or services. Suggested Reading Michelli, J. McGraw-Hill Education.

article thumbnail

Confusion, Technology and Talent in Marketing; Off Script #26: Frank Pollock on Fundamentals and What He’s Learned from Working in CPG

Sword and the Script

It’s equal parts learning, networking, sharing and giving back to the community. When I talk to my friends who market local or regional businesses they imply that big brand marketing is easy because of large budgets and tons of resources. If a campaign doesn’t work you still have a billion-dollar business, right?