article thumbnail

Jay Baer Asks [VIDEO]: Is Journalism About Building an Audience or Building a Community?

Cision

Recently, Cision published the 2017 Global Social Journalism Study , conducted in partnership with Canterbury Christ Church University, which surveyed journalists on their social media habits, preferences and views. In this video, Baer asks and answers the question — Is Journalism About Building an Audience or Building a Community?

article thumbnail

Journalism statistics: 7 media relations takeaways from the 2023 State of the Media Report by Cision

Sword and the Script

A survey of 3,000+ finds 75% of journalists say the top action any PR person can take is to understand a reporter’s target audience and what they find relevant; journalism statistics show reporters worry about accuracy, credibility and keeping pace amid more work and fewer resources Most PR professionals say media relations is getting harder.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Future of local news report is a grim read

Stephen Waddington

Social media has replaced local news in communities across the UK. It is weakening community engagement and participation in local democracy. Local News Deserts in the UK (opens as a PDF) finds that it is contributing to weakening community engagement and participation in local democracy.

Local 112
article thumbnail

Traditional and Social Media Are Sowing Disinformation and Division, Report Says

PRSay

Politicians, CEOs, television anchors, talk-radio hosts and prominent professionals “are the source and amplifiers of some of the worst, most harmful disinformation” in America, a new report says. According to “ The Commission on Information Disorder Final Report ,” released Nov. A constant churn.

article thumbnail

Local Reporters Give Advice on How PR Pros Can Build Media Relationships

PRSay

Having worked both sides of the desk has given me a better understanding of what reporters want and need. According to Cision’s “ 2022 State of the Media Report ,” which surveyed more than 3,800 journalists at about 2,160 media outlets, 76% of respondents said news releases are the content they want most from brands.

Report 170
article thumbnail

Five Activities to Grow your Twitter Community

Deirdre Breakenridge

Summer class for the UMASS Journalism Online Program is officially in session. My course, Social Media and Public Relations, kicked off last week with the students building and branding their Twitter profiles and actively engaging in our classroom community (#UMASSPRSM). What are your best tips for growing community?

Community 150
article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Karn Dhingra, Reporter at Automotive News

Bianchi Biz Blog

During work hours when I’m not reporting, I’m usually on the phone checking in with sources, trying to connect with new sources and looking for story ideas and interesting angles on stories. Out of journalism school, I worked at the Galveston County Daily News , near Houston. I’ve been a reporter off and on for about 14 years.