Remove 2009 Remove Community Remove Marketing Remove Writing
article thumbnail

This Semrush Acquisition of Backlinko hits PR, SEO and Content Marketing Trifecta [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

In any case, both of these were “audience buys” and proved to be savvy PR, content marketing and SEO moves. Second, these weren’t just emails lists from downloaded content – but communities of engaged readers. Semrush is focusing on building up their marketing education,” wrote Backlinko founder Brian Dean in a LinkedIn post.

SEO 139
article thumbnail

Bringing Open Community To Public Relations

Waxing UnLyrical

Because if there’s one thing I believe takes public relations from good to great, it’s when your audiences start becoming your community through the relationships you develop with them. But I was curious to see how Maddie and Lindy perceived not just Open Community , but its juxtaposition with public relations.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Spotlight on a Solo PR Pro: Meet Stu Opperman, APR

Solo PR Pro

When he arrived on campus, however, he was amazed by the student-run broadcast stations, including radio and TV stations that would actually compete in the local market for ratings. “I When he graduated from the University of Florida, Stu was in the market for a full-time position in radio.

Meeting 131
article thumbnail

Influence or Popularity? Examining Influencer Marketing

Sword and the Script

Such traditional marketing examples – the influence of young people on consumer sales – demonstrates that influence in the sense of marketing is highly contextual and therefore difficult to universally define. Recently, KPS Digital, a marketing organization in the UK, named me to a list of the Top 100 Influencers in Content Marketing.

article thumbnail

Muck Rack Lands a Whopping $180 million in Funding [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

On one side, we have giants, which are backed by PE firms, holding companies, and in a couple of cases have access to the liquidity of public markets. They may in fact have the decisiveness to spend marketing or R&D where it matters. The PR technology space can be in some respects, divided into Davids and Goliaths.

article thumbnail

Four Free Digital Marketing Tools for Non-Profits

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali Four Free Digital Marketing Tools for Non-Profits January 24th, 2011 Tweet Guest post by Erica Holt These are frugal days, and everyone loves getting and writing about free stuff.

Tools 99
article thumbnail

8 Ways to Differentiate Your Brand on Twitter in 2016

Cision

The best advice for content distribution on Twitter in 2016 comes from 2009. Guy Kawasaki, former Chief Evangelist for Apple and marketing thought-leader, promoted an idea that was so radical to the Twitter community that it was shunned: tweet multiple times to promote a single piece of content or messaging. Repeat your Tweets.

Twitter 120