article thumbnail

The Importance of Community Relations in Healthcare

Landis PR

By Liza Batallones When you think of healthcare groups or pharmaceutical companies, maybe a doctor’s face pops into your head or that clever commercial with the unique-sounding drug name comes to mind. AND, they provide an important service to the community. I know I can visualize almost every one of those commercials!

article thumbnail

Managing Media Relations for a Publisher; Off Script No. 32: Rachael Wolensky of ALM

Sword and the Script

When she was 12 years old, her mother took her to a bring-your-child-to-work-day at Novartis, a giant pharmaceutical company. Today, she works for ALM Media , a publisher which grew its roots in trade publications for the legal community, but now owns titles beyond just legal including financial services, insurance, and consulting.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Comprehensive Marketing Audit: 21 Questions to Guide Strategic Planning

PR 20/20

A content campaign that worked for a manufacturing lead will likely not be relevant to a pharmaceutical lead. Or use these events to drive media relations and community conversation. Does your company target a variety of audiences across different industries? If so, remember that we are in the age of personalization.

article thumbnail

Engaging (and grilling) the social side of James Grunig

PR Conversations

Other publics also seek consequences from an organization that the organization might prefer not to provide—such as a pharmaceutical company producing an orphan drug that might cure a disease but is not profitable. We were thinking about public relations very differently. I was too tired at the time to try to educate him.

article thumbnail

The Influence of Influencers: Ways Healthcare Brands Can Leverage Their Impact

Cision

The report is drawn from tracking four months’ worth of social and electronic print media related to the topic, from January to April 2015. The anti-vaccine community has had to shift their loyalties over time. When the topic gets personal, people are more passionately involved. From Asset to Liability. i’m not anti.