Remove 2010 Remove Community Remove Crisis Communications Remove Local
article thumbnail

The Value of Strategic Communications in the PRSA MBA/Business School Program

PRSay

Nearly a decade ago, the PRSA Foundation sponsored research that found only 23 percent of graduate business schools consistently provide instruction in reputation management, corporate communications and related ethical dimensions. Faculty talk trends and current events. Students write about a current event and critique the assessment.

article thumbnail

How September 11 Impacted PR and Email Communications

wiredPRworks

In 2012, I wrote an update on a previous post with thoughts on how the September 11 attacks immediately reshaped community, public relations and communications. Reflecting on How 9/11 Immediately Impacted Community PR and Communications. We needed to find ways to communicate quickly, accurately and effectively.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Powwowing With Pepco on Social Media

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali Powwowing With Pepco on Social Media September 28th, 2010 Tweet I haven’t been the biggest fan of my local energy company, Pepco, recently. These fine folk did: Jan.

article thumbnail

Reflecting on 9/11 Anniversary #NeverForget

wiredPRworks

Today, I'm posting an update on a previous post with thoughts on how the September 11 attacks immediately reshaped community, public relations, and communications from my perspective as an education communicator. Reflecting on How 9/11 Immediately Impacted Community PR and Communications. 2011 Update.

article thumbnail

What the Uvalde Shootings and Other Crises Reveal about Press Conferences

PRSay

DPS held the follow-up press conference where the director characterized the local police’s action as the “wrong” decision. The local District Attorney, Christina Busbee, issued a statement that they wouldn’t be issuing statements. Despite very public and memorable examples, communicators seem to learn this lesson the hard way.