Remove 2009 Remove Community Remove Interviews Remove Storytelling
article thumbnail

13 Leadership Lessons for PR Pros (Taylor’s Version)

PRSay

We are creators, storytellers and writers. And we are influential to our teams, across our organizations and in our communities — demonstrating daily how smart, strategic communications can advance your brand, even in times of crisis. We find inspiration in life, work and relationships. Swift’s songs are never formulaic.

article thumbnail

PR Is As PR Does

Waxing UnLyrical

It’s the reason I was really happy that BNET chose me to be its Startup Storyteller … and it’s what I do. This is a topic that is near and dear to my heart, though. Connecting with the media is a big part of public relations… but it’s not the only part. And that, I think, is something we sometimes forget.

article thumbnail

Public Relations Lessons From Jesus, The Apostles And The Bible

Waxing UnLyrical

Jesus as the ultimate storyteller Regardless of the accuracy of the story of Jesus (when exactly he was born, who the Magi were, etc.) What we can learn: the more we are able to energize our communities, the better our chances of converting them to evangelizers. Here are three. Read All About It! These fine folk did: Jan.

article thumbnail

How Reading Fairy Tales Can Improve Public Relations

Waxing UnLyrical

They’re doing such a good job of it, that they’re getting their customers and community to tell their stories for them. It is really about using the channels so well, building such good relationships with one’s community, that they are energized to tell your story for you. I’ll never forget that.

article thumbnail

Media relations is thriving

Stephen Waddington

Much of the modern public relations business grew up out of media relations and publicity, rooted in storytelling and editorial engagement. The value proposition of a media brands lies its ability to inform and engage a community in a conversation. You should not start with three pages of A4, but a tweet, an infographic or a video.