Remove 2001 Remove Community Remove Financial Remove International
article thumbnail

Meltwater Quietly Goes IPO [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

For the last couple years, I’ve been curating news from the PR technology community into a monthly summary I call the PR Tech Sum. Going public gives us access to its historical financials, which I’ve long wondered about. Welcome to 2021! billion on its second day of trading. The stock price at debut was approximately $5.30.

Pitching 151
article thumbnail

Learning From Past Crises to Navigate Post-COVID-19

Reputation Us

My recent crisis experiences include the 1992 riots in Los Angeles, when I was working at an NPR station in Southern California, and the 9-11 attacks in 2001, when I was representing the airline industry with public relations firm Webber Shandwick. Q: How frequently should I be communicating about the crisis? Expose them. A: Listen.

Crisis 78
article thumbnail

Behind the Headlines With Howard Stutz

Cision

How did you get your start in corporate communications? I oversaw corporate communications for Anchor Gaming – a publicly traded slot machine developer – before the company was sold to International Game Technology in 2001. million jobs and is an economic contributor in states and communities through taxes.

article thumbnail

Why I’m Focusing on Blockchain Applications for PR

Where the Fishermen Ain't

In August 2001, I started blogging and writing about these and other developments. As I continue to observe and engage with the community that is exploring blockchain-based concepts , I find this kernel of inspiration germinating once again. We’ve seen a financial boom and bust that tracks against the Gartner Hype Cycle somewhat.

Web 20
article thumbnail

Why I’m Focusing on Blockchain Applications for PR

Where the Fishermen Ain't

In August 2001, I started blogging and writing about these and other developments. As I continue to observe and engage with the community that is exploring blockchain-based concepts , I find this kernel of inspiration germinating once again. We’ve seen a financial boom and bust that tracks against the Gartner Hype Cycle somewhat.

Web 20