article thumbnail

ICON 2022 Recap: How DE&I Helps Optimize Talent and Build Teams for the U.S. Military

PRSay

Air Force (retired) and is now director of inclusive communities for Amazon. He left a career in radio and TV to help fight the war in Iraq. military approaches diversity, equity and inclusion and about the importance of storytelling to communicate an organization’s messages. Coast Guard at 19 years old. She asked how the U.S.

Nonprofit 131
article thumbnail

The Challenges for Health Care Communicators as a New Normal Emerges From the COVID-19 Crisis

PRSay

For communicators, the challenge is to help people feel comfortable about returning to their doctors and hospital services. Although the coronavirus has affected different parts of the country in different ways, hospital systems across the nation are launching communications campaigns to bring patients back. Dennis Wilson, Jr.,

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Spotlight on a Solo PR Pro: Meet Stu Opperman, APR

Solo PR Pro

When he arrived on campus, however, he was amazed by the student-run broadcast stations, including radio and TV stations that would actually compete in the local market for ratings. “I When he graduated from the University of Florida, Stu was in the market for a full-time position in radio. Crossing over from broadcast media to PR.

Meeting 131
article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Molly Boigon, Tech and Innovation Reporter at Automotive News

Bianchi Biz Blog

Before joining AN, I covered the Haredi (ultra-Orthodox Jewish) communities of New York. My first jobs after college were in radio production (both news and entertainment), and I eventually became a radio reporter at WGBH in Boston covering education in 2018. What story or stories are you most proud of?

article thumbnail

How to Perfect Audio: Social, Live and Virtual with Ted Gregorek

wiredPRworks

Gregorek AV Consulting, Ted Gregorek delivers a mastery of A/V system flow schematics design and interpretation to every sound experience. Barbara Rozgonyi leads CoryWest Media, a creative marketing communication consultancy that attracts attention, builds brands, and connects communities. About Ted Gregorek. As the CEO of T.

How To 52
article thumbnail

Virtual experiences, not virtual events

Stephen Waddington

In Stephen Waddington’s recent article ‘5 Tips for Running Virtual Events at Scale ’, he highlights five learnings from the virtual communications events which have taken place in recent weeks: Community Experience Content Scale Production From our own experiences, these all resonate however I would offer one more to the mix: technology.

article thumbnail

Doing Crisis Communications Right – Your Follow Up Questions Answered

Melissa Agnes

Q: How do you communicate with those people in your community who do not have the means or refuse to use social media? A: Although we serve a very tech-savvy community, we understand that digital media channels are only part of our overall department efforts to reach our community.