article thumbnail

ESAs: The Fad-Free Way to Build Your Ethics Muscle

PRSay

Without a doubt, I dread the surgeon’s knife again — just nowhere near as much as I fear facing an ethical challenge professionally and getting it wrong. For nearly two decades, the PRSA Board of Ethics and Professional Standards (BEPS) has offered analysis on current practice issues and challenges through Ethical Standards Advisories (ESAs).

Ethics 180
article thumbnail

One key PR ethics lesson from the Pulse nightclub shooting – Ann Marie Varga

Ethical Voices

Thinking about your career from circus to healthcare to agency, what is the most difficult ethical challenge you ever confronted? The most difficult ethical challenge for me occurred following the Pulse nightclub tragedy in 2016. I was working for Orange County government and I led the communications team through a nightmare week.

Ethics 92
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

This Week in PR Ethics (5/18/23): Taking on Climate Lies

Ethical Voices

I was fascinated by the studies and believe they provide some insights that will be of use to any communication professional dealing with climate change or clean energy. Schrag believes that our communication efforts have been effective and are overcoming consumer hesitancy and confusion about adopting clean energy.

Ethics 81
article thumbnail

Updating Brand Values to Ensure You’re Connecting With Today’s Consumers

5W PR

Brands must align values with ethical practices. Updating their brand values is necessary to better reflect ethical practices. Developing a Clear Mission Statement Developing a clear mission statement can communicate a brand’s ethical values to consumers. Brands can reflect these values through updated branding.

article thumbnail

Call for submissions for AI #PRstack tool guide

Wadds Inc.

The guide, published by the #FuturePRoof community, aims to make sense of AI tools and address the practitioner knowledge gap. The energy has yet to be matched by dialogue among the practitioner community about the best way to incorporate tools into the workflow. The #FuturePRoof community aims to readdress the balance.

Tools 98
article thumbnail

Are Leaders Expected to take a FEEL First Approach to Social Media?

Deirdre Breakenridge

On June 13th, the #PRStudChat community gathered for a discussion on “Learning Leadership Skills.” Ken and our community of PR students, educators and pros shared their knowledge on how leadership is more than a fancy title, big office or a large salary. How can leaders communicate more effectively through social media?”

article thumbnail

Good News for Leaders, Here’s What #Millennials Like About You

Deirdre Breakenridge

“The global business community is being challenged by Millennials who want to change the world — and the results are going to be incredible.” Use Ethics and your good judgment by exercising your values and beliefs with every interaction and being true to yourself through your communication.

Ethics 218