Remove 2018 Remove Community Remove Print Remove Television
article thumbnail

Inspiring the Consumer: You Can’t Do That on Television

Shift Communications

It was all there in print – and if Jennifer Connelly was using it, I should be too! The sophisticated, discerning, visually aware consumer of 2018 requires far more than a billboard to be inspired. Oprah’s book club gone community access cable. Old school word of mouth. What does this mean for brands? Tara Wickwire.

article thumbnail

Nonprofit Local News Gains Steam

PRSay

Already decimated by staff reductions, many print and broadcast newsrooms have been acquired by large corporations that are often more interested in online clicks and monetizing news than in factual reporting, Todd said. Previously, he spent more than a decade as a television news reporter and anchor. . Photo credit: shutterstock ].

Nonprofit 174
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Media relations is thriving

Stephen Waddington

Trust in the media The 2018 Edelman Trust Barometer (opens as a PDF) puts the trust between the public and media at 41% worldwide. Shortly after the publication of his book, the public relations profession spotted the opportunity to communicate with publics at scale via the media rather than direct public engagement.

article thumbnail

Wendy Glavin and CommPRO Report on the Livestream: Breaking Down the State of the Media in 2017

Cision

Automobile companies (and the military) are the largest advertisers on television. Chris Lynch: Is print media dead? Katrina Craigwell: Your brand is a collection of humans, part of a community bringing a product or service to people which impacts their daily lives and communities. Hats off to the Washington Post.

Report 225
article thumbnail

New PR Tech Products, Integrations, Independence, Names and Markets; PR Tech Sum: OnePitch, Cision, Critical Mention, Signal A.I. and Intrado

Sword and the Script

There’s a lot that’s happened over the last month among vendors that make technology for public relations (PR) professionals – and I can’t wait to show you this month’s summary of news from the PR technology community. In April 2018, the company was thinking about how it’s going to reshape its future.