Remove 2009 Remove Community Remove Measurement Remove Social Media
article thumbnail

Why the ‘Stealing Thunder Theory’ of Crisis Comms Requires Focus and Intent

PRSay

Communicators have long advocated for the importance of defining the crisis on the organization’s own terms and avoiding being defined by critics, competitors and media. That said, the communications world today is intensely disrupted. What does this mean for crisis communications?

Crisis 137
article thumbnail

How Storytelling Connects Paid, Earned, and Owned Media

Onclusive

In December 2009, Forrester defined what it called the three new media options for interactive marketers: “paid, earned and owned.” Earned media had traditionally been the responsibility of public relations, while paid and owned media had been part of the marketing mandate. We are all familiar now with the PESO model.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Bringing Open Community To Public Relations

Waxing UnLyrical

Because if there’s one thing I believe takes public relations from good to great, it’s when your audiences start becoming your community through the relationships you develop with them. But I was curious to see how Maddie and Lindy perceived not just Open Community , but its juxtaposition with public relations.

article thumbnail

Meandering Through Measurement

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali Meandering Through Measurement November 20th, 2010 Tweet Measurement takes a holiday What happens when you get a roomful of communicators listening to a bunch of speakers on measurement?

article thumbnail

Measurement… Supplemented

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali Measurement… Supplemented October 22nd, 2010 Tweet Last week, Priya Ramesh, CRT/tanaka ‘s director of social media, joined us for the bi-weekly #measurePR chat.

article thumbnail

Want Social Media Evangelizers? Be Social

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali Want Social Media Evangelizers? Be Social September 7th, 2010 Tweet Today BNET published my second post, focusing on how companies can use social media to turn customers into evangelizers.

article thumbnail

Sticky PR Measurement: Are We There Yet?

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali Sticky PR Measurement: Are We There Yet? Measure me this How many times have you been asked, “Well, what is the value of public relations?” .&# or “Can you really measure that ?”