Remove Agency Remove Community Remove Corporate Remove Telecommunications
article thumbnail

S&T Live Recap: UCLA’s Mary Osako on Being Yourself in Corporate America

PRSay

Osako, vice chancellor for strategic communications at the University of California, Los Angeles, has learned to be true to herself and to those she leads, she said during the Dec. Losing yourself to fit in is often rewarded in the corporate world, but the pose can be draining, Osako said. Her first PR job was with a two-person agency.

article thumbnail

How the APR Changed My Future

PRSay

Working for a national telecommunications firm in Atlanta, I lost a seismic bump up the corporate ladder. I learned that it was because I could not articulate the communications objectives, strategies and tactics that brought the multibillion-dollar firm’s products to life in the eyes of the target audience. A setback at work.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Faces & Markets of PRGN: Hong Kong – Asia’s World City

Bianchi Biz Blog

Faces and Markets of PRGN is a series of blog posts in 2024 that puts Public Relations Global Network (PRGN) member agencies and their markets in the spotlight. International Business Hub : With its cosmopolitan lifestyle, Hong Kong is home to numerous international corporations.

article thumbnail

The Essential Guide to Mass Communication: History, Methods, Ethics, and the Future

Masters in Communications

Growth was exponential and it soon incorporated other technologies such as telecommunications in facilitating access to the internet. The first websites for commercial use, direct communication, and soon online shopping arrived on the scene. Developed from corporate communications, it soon applied to mass media to the public (38).

Ethics 52